Can We Fire Him For Cause If He Is Insane?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 4, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Read this quote and tell me this doesn't come from a sick mind:

"I always approach it as I’m my own worst critic, and we take great pride in that, and that’s another whole entire area with our style of play, that we’ve done such a good job in the past. "

What the hell does that even mean? How do you manage to contradict yourself and make zero sense all in one sentence?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm my own worst critic and we've done a great job.

3. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

The legal definition of "cause" needs to be redefined to include "cause you are an incompetent dumbass"

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Butch Jones: “There’s 11 teams with a winning record in college football with a -4 turnover margin and we’re one of those.”

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Just the way he talks is so grating. I can't read his quotes without hearing that stupid voice.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He used to just say meaningless coach speak. Now it's outright gibberish. Maybe Currie is waiting on a total mental breakdown so he resigns.

7. MWR

MWR Contributor

Probably not, since it should require an insane person to hire an insane person, thereby making both parties insane. Insanity prevails, or else the pot is talking to the kettle, maybe even calling it insane.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i also don't get the "style of play" comment. what does that have to do with this early statement?

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

is there no one in his life that will sit him down and tell him this shit is just digging his own grave? is he surrounded by sycophants or just can't help himself?

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's legit slow. Like, one burp away from licking a window on the back of a bus somewhere.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

"We take pride in me being my own worst critic. We've done a good job in the past, with our area of play. And that's me, the worst critic saying that! So if the worst critic is saying we've done a good job, we must be doing a good job."

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Nothing...he's just a random coach speak speak generator. Its all just jibberish because he's a moron who's incapable of articulating an intelligent thought.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Negative X negative = positive?

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

good job in the past

I wont disagree with that...he could have and should done better. Ive said I had doubts he could get over the hump and win a SECC but that he would be good for 9-10 wins. I also said I liked the off season changes and hope those around him could get this team over the hump. Things obviously have regressed. Player development is still not happening.

A junior QB with a canon should be playing better. Tuttle and McKenzie should be moving the line.
    Bituli and Sapp should be the clear starters etc etc. It doesn't appear that the people he brought in arent going to overcome his deficiencies or develop the players.

15. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

From another www site:

"The University might have a way to fire him without being on the hook for his buyout. Obviously this would be a massive event but it got me wondering what exactly he could do/did for this to happen.

The notable sections of Botch's contract:
    Section 3.2.2 (c) (e) (h) (p) (q)
    Most likely (q) - Gross misconduct by "Provoking a fight"
    Section 3.2.4 states that the University can suspend him pending an investigation of the issues mentioned in the sections above. So if the University is going to fire him with cause then it will come after an investigation and Butch will have the right to "contest the action" in accordance with some Tennessee law.

So the University might be investigating the fight to see if Butch provoked it and to see if the incident could be defined as gross misconduct."

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah. He's getting that buyout.

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I don't doubt the quote but where is that from? link if possible

18. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bunch of energy vampires

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes. it's almost impossible to not pay the buyout. ttech tried it with leach and ended up owing him everything with penalties.