John Currie's Ego

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 6, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Is going to win the day. He wants to be THE guy that brought Tennessee football back. He is well aware of our history with Gruden and our fan base's love for Gruden. He will be a god when he hires Gruden, and unlike the last guy, he has the balls and big money to do so.

Buckle up.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Make it so

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

He will have earned the right to an ego if he get's Gruden.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It really can't go wrong for him. It's a grandslam hire that would have 99.9999% approval by the fanbase and immeasurably increase the value of the brand from day 1. In the remote chance that it didn't work out and produce big success on the football field, nobody would blame Currie for making a bad hire.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Give him a street

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

If Curry can get Gruden, that makes Dangerous Dave Hart look even worse. If possible.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Even if Gruden struggles or fails, I’d still be happy with the hire. At least we went out and got a big name who has had proven success. At least we showed we want to be a winning program.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Absolutely. Win or lose, the Tennessee brand is at the forefront of college football. It's a big, big deal. And it's hard to imagine it not working out.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

100%. It would be like getting football's white whale. Enormous deal.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Like the time Monte Kiffin came to Tennessee to be the defensive coordinator, just a little bit bigger.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we’re letting beggars be choosers, give me Chip Kelly, but Gruden would still be a home run. Would just have to simplify his schemes to fit college kids

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

What is the buyout on the Carona Hotline contract?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gruden has to do press conferences with an open Corona there

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

In the cleavage of a hooters girl.

15. GoVols

GoVols Member

If hiring a proven winner is your criteria, then why isn't Chip Kelly the better man for the job? Gruden hasn't coached in 10 years. He hasn't coached in college in almost 30 years. Meanwhile, Chip Kelly has an incredible track record of recent success in college football and remains unemployed.

Why do we need an unknown when a guy like this is unemployed?

46-7 record
    4 Division Titles
    3 Conference Titles
    4 BCS Bowl Appearances
    2 BCS Wins
    3 Top 5 Finishes
    1 National Championship Appearance

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Considering that the SEC is a landfill of horrible coaches, I have little doubt that Gruden would be highly successful. He'd be able to assemble a top notch staff and the recruiting would be off the charts.

He'd dominate.

That said, I think Chip would do the same. It's candidate 1a and 1b for me. Both are homeruns and both make us a national threat.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I would be thrilled with Kelly. That said, with Gruden, the perception of Tennessee football changes the moment his hire is announced.

18. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Gruden would definitely bring in TBSIA and his recruiting would put Chip’s to shame. Plus he’s just easy to love.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Gruden would hand pick his quarterback every class...oh and develop them!

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

If UT could merchandise his name, they would make more than enough to pay him 8-10 mil.