Butch can still save his job

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 6, 2017.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Will a football scoreboard show 3 digits?

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I predict wins over Mizzou, KY, SoMiss, and Vandy, combined with signature victories over western power LSU and a B10 team, saves Butch. I'm serious, that's my real prediction.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kentucky will destroy us if he is still here.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

No way. This team is in reverse.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

They aren't going 3-9 but this situation is becoming as bad as Gene Chizik in 2012. You couldn't keep him even if you wanted to.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This is just asinine to believe this is likely. You're not watching the same team I am.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

These guys would get beat up by Dooley's 2012 team. We are awful.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That team would put 50 on our defense. And we can't move the ball against ****ing air now.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never fails that about 4 or 5 days I'd all it takes for a vol fan to forget what his team is like

10. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

We should've beaten Florida in Gainesville and they are better than Missouri/UK/SMU/Vandy/LSU so we certainly could win all those. Well they are better than anyone left on our schedule actually minus Bama.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Last year we did beat Florida. Then we lost to South Carolina and Vanderbilt. These guys won't play for Butch anymore.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Florida is pathetic and if we played them next week, they'd beat our ass all over the field. If you're actually watching the games, I think this is pretty easy to see. If UMASS doesn't lose their quarterback, we lose that one.

13. midtownvol83

Still could happen - USCjr is worse this year than when we faced them last year. Vandy is better. Missouri and UK are about the same.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And we're way, way worse as well. I hope you're not being serious.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Butch couldnt get to 9 regular season wins with the good teams he had. Sure as hell isnt happening with this bunch.

Just because you fear the outcome doesnt mean you have to pretend its realistic.

16. midtownvol83

East is garbage. We didn't suddenly get worse between Florida game and now. UGA beating us down or losing at the last second to UF didn't take us down 5 notches. We were already that bad.

I'm not saying we are going to go 8-4 or 9-3. Its unlikely but still a plausible scenario since LSU turned out to be as bad as we are and USCjr is crippled after losing Debo. We will likely go 7-5 if I had to guess with wins over USCjr/Southern Miss/Missouri and then either UK or Vandy.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Ummm, yes, we are playing at a much lower level than the Florida game. The team is in complete disarray. This team could seriously lose to every single one of those teams. The only prayer for 7-5 is canning [itch bay] jones and rallying.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

LSU has Guise back. He'll run all over us.

7-5 is possible, perhaps even probable...but its also best-case scenario for Team 121.

19. midtownvol83

We played like shit in the Florida game. It wasn't a good showing. UGA is just that much better than UF - especially on defense.

Kentucky is still Kentucky. Our shitty offense could put 60 on Missouri.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think an interim would have nade victory over South Carolina more likely. Leaving Butch in for this one feels like its destined for a loss...then Bama, and we're 3-4. Suddenly, bowl eligibility is in real jeopardy.

Wish they would have dumped him this week