John Currie's Ego

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 6, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

We don't need our cheerleaders walking bow-legged all the time, rb....

2. JayVols

Nevermind. Not going there in the football forum.

I'll just say what you choose to worry about and what you don't is quite, um, interesting.

3. JayVols

I've got a raging Grude-on, but you have a great point.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gary Patterson. How dare you forget him

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I only wanted to list the realistic ones.

6. JayVols

He may be great here & I wouldn't be mad if he was hired, but he just comes across as a monumental goober to me.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's a defensive mastermind. There's a ton of high schools that copied his system of the 4-2

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Patterson is a defensive wiz

9. GoVols

GoVols Member

You really are playing this up quite a bit. You are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

"In 2009, prospect A was given lodging and training by the recruiting service provider prior to the US Army All American Game (December 2009). The approximate total value of this lodging and training was $300"

Are you really willing to close the door on the guy because of an unintentional violation that amounted to $300?

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

If I'm being honest with myself, this is a part of the reason I want to see Gruden here.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

No doubt. It’s a secondary reason, but his hiring would be so satisfying.

12. cpninja

cpninja Member

If Kelly had gone to a different school instead of the NFL, he wouldn't have gotten hit with the show cause IMO

NCAA knew he wouldn't fight it since he was going to the pros, so it gave them some good optics to hit a top 5 coach with a harsh penalty(even if it was totally irrelevant)

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Chip wrote a $25k check from Oregon to a fake recruiting service because he had a relationship with a recruit. He also wrote a personal note thanking him for “orchestrating everything “. He also didn’t ask for any recruiting info from the guy before the NCAA started asking questions. Pretty dumb

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sounds like you are saying that a portion of Kelly's salary will be reinvested in the program. Nice!

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Patterson definitely comes in before shutting down the program.

16. TennTradition

Kelly is definitely going to have to change his attitude about recruiting if he isn't at Oregon or sitting drowned by recruits in Austin or Gainesville (not that UTx is open). Talking to Oregon folks, he didn't want staff spending much time on recruiting and relied heavily on Nike.

17. TennTradition

Is that the only issue. What about the consultant paid for scrapbooks and video tape of nothing?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You saying he can't pull a rick barnes?

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You trying to say Rick Barnes can’t hit a curveball

20. JayVols

Did you read where I said I wasn't anti-Kelly?

It's not a disqualifier to me, but UT may see it different.