Anybody Can Recruit at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 9, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Sure, some can recruit better than others, but people give credit to Butch for being able to bring talent to Tennessee. IT IS NOT HARD! Butch has got to year 5 selling how great of a recruiter he is. As long as you don't drool and count to potato, you will get recruits to Tennessee. Even Dooley's classes were in the top 15. The University of Tennessee recruits for itself, talent is rarely the problem here.

I don't give a shit if the next coach is a notorious recruiter, just give me someone that can coach football.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Absolutely. It's one reason Kelly would be a good fit.

3. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

One reason his recruiting classes were high initially were the legacies. I think several people said in this site that once they had cycled through you would truly see Butch's recruiting skills. Or lack thereof.

That is coming home to roost now. As is pretty much every other prediction about his inadequecies made here.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This combined with the fact that you can't sell turning a program around after 5 years. Once it becomes apparent that you can't cut it, players stop jumping on the train.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hell Dooley was in the teens and 20's and he's a moron

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And also a [penis]. Hard to recruit when you're an idiot [penis], but he still managed to inspite of himself. Get a legit good coach and the recruiting will take care of itself.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Legacy thing is overdone. Recruiting is still not an issue. Well, until about a week ago.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He had another really good class coming in next season, before the wheels came off this one.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Legacies and it seems like non-Memphis Tennessee HS football is on the come up. And either our evals suck or (ahem) the coaching does, so the utility is questionable.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He had a legacy and a guy coached by Eric Westmoreland steering the class

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Evals become correct upon transfer. Weird