Wanting Tennessee To Lose...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 11, 2017.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm all for Tennessee getting obliterated this weekend. I believe it will force Currie to make a move by Monday to avoid straight up anarchy within the team. Now, lots of folks act like hoping your team gets their ass kicked is not acceptable. What say you?

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Never want it but do expect it. Butch will be Butch.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it's acceptable to take the long view. I rooted hard against us vs. UMass. Once the game got out of reach against UGA, I wanted them to pour it on and get 40. I'll probably do the same this week.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I end up watching these kind of games with a weird sense of detachment. I can’t really ever hope we lose, but what happens, happens.

I’m not pulling your VFL card, either

5. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

If getting hammered 46-0 forces an expedited move then sure. I'd rather end the inevitable now instead of dragging out this embarrassing show any longer. An interim getting blown out in any game has better optics than anything butch does dressed in orange.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What JQK said. We're not doing the players any favors hoping Botch somehow pulls yet another rabbit out of his ass. The players deserve better, the University deserves better and the fans deserve better. We've suffered long enough. Time for Tennessee to be Tennessee again.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If I thought Butch would be saving his job with a win over South Carolina, it would be hard for me to even pretend to root for a win. Since I think his chances of returning are slim to none, I'm not too worried about that.

If I'm going to be honest, the thought of winning this game does absolutely nothing for me. I'm already more interested in the next coaching search. Unfortunately, I'm also dreading it.

8. Calculon

Calculon Member

I just don’t want to know what happens if the team comes out and wins and puts up 40+. I want the actual assurance that Butch is gone. I will be very relieved once Saban completely annihilates any and all hope of bringing him back.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm to the point I don't care either way.

Sadly all of the locker room and butch drama has been the really entertaining aspect of the season.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

My thought is a win gets many of our stupid fans back on he fence against jones, and I don't like the thought of any conceivable way that he returns for next year. So, I purely want them to lose for the long term success of the program.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think the worst may be a loss to Alabama like A&M's loss last week.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think he's took on too much PR damage for that to happen. His fate is sealed and he's coaching for his next job

13. Calculon

Calculon Member

Alabama has about six running backs that say that isn’t going to happen.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I hope you're right.

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I hope we get beat by half a hundred. Tank this mofo like the 76'ers.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

And a defense, and a coaching staff, and.... Not to mention its a home game. No way Bama will let Tennessee stay within 4 scores by the 2nd quarter...

17. MWR

MWR Contributor

Yep, Butch has made UT football entertaining again. But for the wrong reasons.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m with JQK here. Not even going to watch this week—going to the women’s soccer title game and hoping that at least one of my hometown teams can bring home a trophy.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't root for climate change, I just know it is happening. Butch is a man-made disaster as well.

20. Can’t do it. As much as I despise Jones and want him gone, I can’t bring myself to pull against them. That’s why I just won’t watch at all.