The Gerald Sensabaugh Situation at Crockett HS

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JayVols, Oct 11, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

This is a crazy deal. Former Dobyns-Bennett , ETSU, North Carolina standout and 7 year NFL player who is now the head coach at David Crockett High School in Jonesborough, Gerald Sensabaugh, has been suspended indefinitely from his position for airing alleged money and drug malfeasance of other employees of the school, mainly the AD, and posting freely about each step of the ordeal on social media. I don't Facebook, but if you want the whole deal, go to Sensabaugh's FB page. Like I said, it's a crazy crazy deal.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Foo...ents-join-Sensabaugh-in-protesting-suspension

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

One of my coaching buddies has been telling me about this. It sounds like as much of a dumpster fire as UT

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I want to be on his side but I hope that Facebook wasn’t the first place he took all this

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ha. Not too long ago his defense gave up a TD right before half and he was so pissed at them he said they weren't allowed to take the field for the extra point. Officials came over and said he absolutely had to put his team out there for the attempt. So, he has them line up in the back of the endzone. Other team comes and strolls into the endzone for 2.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

From what I've been told, it'd be hard to be on his side. Even though he does have some points that I'd agree with.

Most of his biggest issues is just what you deal with at rural small schools.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It doesn’t seem like forbidding the kids from practicing is in any way fair. If they have to suspend or fire him, whatever.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It is when it's about his ego and not the kids.

8. JayVols

I'm not sure what to think. There's many murky issues to consider here. Here's a few as I see them:

1. If someone was stealing money, allegedly a faculty member, and if someone is either taking or trying to distribute drugs, allegedly the AD, it needs to be dealt with. Harshly.

2. These concerns should be taken to the proper supervisors. If stonewalled there, they should be taken to higher supervisors. Wash rinse repeat. If still stonewalled, I'm pretty sure that social media is not the best venue to seek relief. Local corruption, as Sensabaugh calls it "The Good-Ole Boy System", is a real problem in too many local govts. It's wrong and difficult to address often requiring an unconventional, or dare I say, bold if perhaps unwise action of this nature to bring it out into the light of day. Full disclosure: I have always held a firm belief that Facebook is the devil incarnate. I feel increasingly justified in holding that solid, unwaivering belief given daily issues arising due to Facebook shitstorms. I refuse to participate in this form of social media.

3. Most, if not all, LEAs have policies for employees that use social media to follow. That could complicate Sensabaugh's decision to do what he did.

4. As the story grows, it looks like Sensabaugh is using the kids, something he claims to be trying to protect, as pawns to justify his actions, right or wrong, & to fight the reprecussions, right or wrong, of those actions.

There's so many more issues that could be raised in all this. I don't care to take the time to list any more at this time.

*Note: Edited after being corrected on parts of the story. Like I said, crazy deal.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That shit is par for the course in rural tennessee. Just imo

10. JayVols

I think it's more than jyo, fwiw.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He’s a piece of shit. An absolute disgrace to the coaching profession.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And he’s claiming another faculty member took money. He’s accusing his AD of being a drug addict and offering him drugs.

But none of that was reported until he was called about his posts on Facebook.

13. JayVols

Thanks for clarifying the money deal, NY. I must have misread. My bad, but I feel understandable in this choatic spider web of a shitstorm.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The most sickening thing is the people from area schools posting on his page telling him they would love to have him coach their school. He’s an absolutely abomination to the coaching profession. I wouldn’t want him around my son or daughter for any amount of money or wins.

15. JayVols

Can't quote you NY, but I saw that. I even saw some posts from a few of my former players....