Bravo Mr. Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Oct 12, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Good move

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ummm...

Nevermind.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rolls back coverage, the people applaud.

5. CardinalVol

You don't think it's ok for people to choose for lesser coverage for lesser cost? Or let small businesses pool together for larger numbers thus cheaper costs?

6. JayVols

It's a backdoor way of raisig rates on pre-existing conditions by removing healthier people from the pool. Might sound good to healthy people now, but it will negatively effect everyone at some point.

That's all I'm saying on the matter.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. Because of how insurance works.

Yes, that's a great idea. Now notice how it is somewhat conflicting with the first question's premise.

This is to isolate those with pre-existing conditions.

9. CardinalVol

So I do not have option of paying less because I am healthy to subsidize those who have a problem?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

National health is a chain. Weak links hurt us all.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also insurance is pretty much subsidizing risk. That's what you're doing with whatever level you have. You're saying you want to pick your pool, ie shrink it. I get it, I just don't think that works in the best interests of the public or maybe even you, longterm.

12. JayVols

Should I have to pay more because I have a problem completely not of my making? Should anyone?

You'll have a problem at some point.

Guaranteed.

*Shut up, Jay. Just shut up. It's a futile endeavor.*

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many people out there have problems that are of their making, due to poor diet, lack of exercise, and just overall disinterest in taking care of themselves? Should the people who do take care of themselves be held responsible?

14. CardinalVol

Considering a lot of your problem would be taken care of with a lifestyle change you are unwilling to make, 100 percent you should.

15. JayVols

Not sure how any lifestyle change could have prevented or stop my white blood cells from eating the myelin of the nerves in my brain & spinal chord, but ok.

Good to know where you stand.

16. CardinalVol

That multiple studies say that weight loss and healthy diet help to control it, and you've balked at it?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he meant your in a broader sense. But ultimately, it's not really your fault, but it is your problem. Should society be responsible for your part? A fair question.

For the most part in this country, your problem is your responsibility and my problem is my responsibility. Some people think health problems should be treated differently. I'm of the opinion that if you have a pre-existing condition, you should have gotten insurance before it existed. That's supposed to be the point of insurance. Rather than trying to shift burdens to healthy people regulations should be put in place to make insurance companies fully responsible for (i.e. unable to drop) people they've insured that later develop illnesses. But it's hard to sympathize for the guy that waits until he has emphysema and COPD and decides insurance is all of a sudden a priority.

18. JayVols

I'm controlling it now. I'm not an invalid drawing disability. Diet/ weight loss is not a cause of the disease. Diet/weight loss doesn't replace the lost myelin as there is no way to regenerate nerve cells of any kind at this time. Diet doesn't replace the blood/brain barrier to prevent white blood cells from invading my brain & spinal chord. The medicine I take does do that.

But, it's ok.

19. JayVols

I know your views. It's cool too.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are some slender sufferers of MS who think you might perhaps be exaggerating or misinterpreting things.