Allowing transfers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 13, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

When Butch Jones gets fired, a lot of players are going to want to move on from the smoldering crater they surely see Tennessee football as. I think that's fair.

I hope the way it is handled is that they are told they will be allowed to transfer anywhere, so long as they finish out the semester/year in good standing academically and at least let the new hire come in and re-recruit them first.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think holding student athletes with extremely limited college careers against their will is right. It certainly isn't in their best interest. So long as they honor their commitments academically, we should let them be their own masters. With the right hire, we can find people who want to be here and let others do what they think is best.

2. If we’re going to let coaches do it to the players, the same should be fair if the players want to transfer due to a coaching change.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

More importantly, how do we deal with the onslaught of players (especially QB's) who want to transfer IN to UT for the opportunity to play for Jon MF'n Gruden?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope they handle it correctly. I don't see many players following assistants. Byrd and Fils-Aime may want to follow Scott, couple of other Florida guys too.

I expect a qb to leave, I don't know which one, I guess it depends on the hire

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

At this point, I think enough coaches/schools have been shamed for putting ridiculous restrictions on transfers to where we'll do the right thing. UT gonna UT though.