IRS never targeted conservative groups

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Oct 6, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I laughed. It repealed another and this certainly settles the matter as a sr leader pleaded the 5th over having done nothing.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sr leader was operating off the first report, which was faulty because it depended on a system that wasn't consistently applied. This one reviewed each case. Look at the report. I'm sure this will not generate much coverage since it isn't salacious.

4. Calculon

Calculon Member

It, along with many other things, was enough to get us stuck with the disaster of inhumanity that is Donald Trump. They are done with it anyway,. For now. Who needs the truth when lies work so well?

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was barely into Obama's second term.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

122 pages of navel gazing? got an excerpt?

IRS settles lawsuit and apologizes publicly :

“The IRS admits that its treatment of Plaintiffs during the tax-exempt determination process, including screening their applications based on their names or policy positions, subjecting those applications to heightened scrutiny and inordinate delays, and demanding some Plaintiffs’ information that TIGTA determined was unnecessary to the agency’s determination of their tax-exempt status, was wrong,” the IRS said in court documents. “For such treatment, the IRS expresses its sincere apology.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ts-over-tea-party-targeting-by-obama-irs.html

and

Judge orders IRS to reveal who took part in Tea Party targeting

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

It's in a pdf format so the report must be valid and true.

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

1 the government investigated itself
    2 its a 122 page report.
    3 I aint reading it
    4 an excerpt would be nice
    5 part of the settlement required them to admit some guilt
    6 a judge is looking to find out who "targeted" the groups.
    7 I guess the judges and lawyers needed to read the report LOL

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can lead a horse to water...

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you didn't read it, and the report didn't exist at that time, what are you even basing your response on?

Answer: your preconceptions

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I prefer beer and bourbon

fl0at_ likes this.
  12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

settlement was today and the report was in sept.

The lawyer for the victims said it best:

“The Government’s generous settlement with the Class Plaintiffs fully vindicates their claims that the IRS targeted Tea Party and conservative groups based on their viewpoint,” lead counsel for the conservative groups, Eddie Greim, told Fox News in an email. “However, like Lois Lerner’s stated apology back in 2013, any recent so-called 'apology' by the IRS has little value. That is because the Service continues to suggest that its targeting was really just ‘mismanagement.’”

Greim added: “This story was dismantled in our case. For taxpayers to be truly confident that the IRS has changed, it needs to be truthful about its past abuse of power.”

I see the report as an attempt to further the mismanagement story. Its PR. Better to be seen as incompetent than as a bully.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Read the report.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You had me at 1 and 2. More 2 but hey...

dc4utvols likes this.
  15. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

lol

16. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I read to page 3 LOL...

"In a prior audit, TIGTA determined that the
    IRS used inappropriate criteria to select
    tax-exempt applications
    for further review.
    Moreover, ineffective management resulted in
    substantial delays in processing certain
    applications and allowed unnecessary
    information requests
    to be issued.
    It is critical
    that tax laws are administered in a fair and
    impartial manner"

But their hand-wringing is moot: They settled in court and now have to abide by a consent degree.

Mark Levin, Reagan admin member, radio host and President of Landmark Legal was the first to bring this to light as one of the victims was a client of LML. I usually only listen to the Friday night show but I will tune in tonight to hear him take his victory lap.​

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't really care about any of this and have no desire to engage your batshittiness, but I'd just like to point out to whomever that Mark Levin is a for profit political Jerry Springer with a radio show whose purpose is to make as much money as possible by slinging whatever shit he can get his hands on with full knowledge that his paycheck is dependant upon feeding the insatiable appetite of govt hating batshit crazy troll conspiracy theorists, like yourself, as much batshit they can consume (and then some) all so he can keep raking in cash. A guy like that would never have an ulterior motive in something like this, would he? I'm sure his sole desire is to be a white knight of "truth", right? Yeah. I'm sure he'd still have pursued all this with the same fervor and would have sought out all the notoriety possible if he were just a run of the mill batshitter who always donated everything he had to homeless children.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

:rolleyes:o_O <---me

[​IMG]

YOU ^^^^^

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Emoticons: the highest form of communication.

20. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I considered semaphores but it would have required 8 images