QB Trevor Lawrence

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Oct 28, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

volfan30, main SECRant.com insider, is saying that once we hire Gruden that Trevor will flip to us.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's certainly believable.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Was a vol originally, wasnt he?

Have to think the Gruden QB camp makes JG an immediate front runner for any top QB's commitment

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This is quite the juicy nugget the more I think about it. Volfan30 has elite reputation for accurate info over there, yes?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gruden, if hired, would be able to cherry pick his qb every year

TangoUniform likes this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yes and I suspect that recruiting all around will come pretty easy.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Especially considering this generation automatically YouTube searches everyone when they hear their name.

And you’ve got a huge body of work of him working with quarterbacks and just being a loveable guy.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trevor is a early enrollment guy, so you’ve got to get going on him soon. December 20 is it for him.

Also, he’s already signed financial aid papers with Clemson. As I understand it, that isn’t 100% binding, but seems like there is a lot of work to do to get him back into big orange country.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Trevor is clearly a smart kid to avoid Butch Jones even if it meant going to a school other than the one he wanted to go to. Gruden coming changes everything.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's why I don't listen to idiots that try and use guys like Lovie Smith or Dave Wannstedt as some sort of proof that former NFL coaches can't succeed in college. Aside from knowing what he's doing, Gruden has the lovable guy, popular face part down that will go a long way in recruiting that guys like Wannstedt don't have.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Not required to sign on December 20 is he? Just the first opportunity for him to do so, right?

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

May as well take Justin Fields from Georgia too.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I suppose he could change his mind. He’s stated that’s when he intends to sign.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm surprised so many people here consider volfan30 a trusted insider, to be honest. Nothing against him, but it seems like it just came out of nowhere.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It's good to see that one of the Hanson kids grew up to make something of himself.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

is a guy named trevor gonna stand in the pocket and take a hit? i kinda doubt it

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's been a credible source on secrant for a while. He just never had anything truly groundbreaking. And he only posts there.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I like the guy. I definitely don’t think he’s just making stuff up. But all of a sudden I’ve seen him go from a guy who rarely shares anything to a guy being cited all over the internet.

midtownvol83 likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.