Peyton Manning to Broncos

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

According to Chris Mortenson.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Guess the free Shoney's pancakes wasn't enough to push the Oilers to the forefront.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I despise the Broncos. Oh, well...

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................

What a great day!

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bracing for (more) bandwagon broncos fans

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Funny to see what happens to Tebow

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He'll go to Jacksonville.

8. CardinalVol

They just moved to #2 on my list.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

can't wait. should be fun.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's my favorite team you're talkin about you jerk!

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not a bad spot. They got to the playoffs with no offense last year. It'll be interesting.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There are actually people calling into Basilio's show (where you can hear Hatvol right now) saying, and I'm not joking, we didn't want him anyway. Also, UT football sucks and the NFL is better than college. Talking about how UT hasn't won anything in awhile as if the Titans have ever won anything ever.

13. CardinalVol

This, while I realize it is true of every fanbase, is exactly why I hate the East Oakland Oilers.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I can't be held responsible for your lack of taste.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ha. I was just playing off the Manning bandwagon stuff.

Although, it wasn't too long ago I was rooting for the broncos because a certain Vol superstar was there. Kind of odd, really. A neck injury took Al Wilson out of Denver and a neck injury sends Peyton there. Balance.

Also, remember when Travis Henry was there tearing it for a third of a season before drugs took him down?

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

My hatred of the Nashville Titans resumes. So, there's that for me. They just lost - likely for a generation, if not more - the entire eastern 1/3 of the state. Congrats?

I have no idea as to how he landed on the Broncos. They're about as good as the Titans, and if he wanted to be virtually assured of making noise in the playoffs, he should have just headed further west to San Fran. There isn't a more "run first" coach in the NFL than Fox. If he didn't get some ownership out of this, he's done it wrong.

If you want to gauge the collective football acumen of the Broncos faithful, look no further than their rabid love affair of Tebow the last two years - believing that the best H-back in the game could play QB.

And, I have to ask this - what must Tennessee fans (of either Titans or in some respect Vols) read into this decision, insofar as it relates to their most favored son? When he had a chance to come "home" - and to a franchise who seemed undoubtedly willing to do anything to land him (so "disinterest" isn't a reason he didn't come) - when he could land anywhere he wanted, with all options available to him, that he chose Denver instead of Nashville? Likely, our (mine included) love for him won't allow us to contemplate this question fully, but it's a valid one, IMO.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Basilio was saying that as of Saturday Manning was favoring the Niners but the Broncos evidently made a new offer that swayed him. If that's true, the Titans actually finished third.

18. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

why would he want to be a Titan? they won't win anything anyways. however i am surprised he picked denver over sf

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

broncos have better talent than Tenn.

20. CardinalVol

Don't know how much I believe this.