Ants

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They are more destructive than termites

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hate the little bastards.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If you want to kill them go to a Farmers Co-op or similar store and ask for a chemical called Tall Star. DO NOT tell them you are using it for termites. It says on the label that you must be licensed to spray for termites. Tell them you are using it to spray for bugs. It will even handle fire ants. Great stuff!

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A person could probably take over the world with the random stuff they can buy at the local Co-op.

6. Oldvol75

Probably true. I just finished spraying my house and all the ant beds in the yard I could find. My church is about 100' from Lake Wies, it use to stay covered in spider webs and assorted bugs. I have a friend that I taught and fished with for years who after he retired started a pest control business. He's the only pest control guy I know with a degree in science. I asked him what could be done and he told me about the Talstar. We spray the church twice a year and never see spiders,bugs, or any other pest on the outside.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hope you don't fish in that lake.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was at a Civil War reenactment in Charleston SC at Boone Hall Plantation. Took a 'hit'. Fell on a fire ant hill. I resurrected at near light speed. The only time that a 'casualty' went running off the field while nearly stripping their entire uniform off to my knowledge. Those little bastards lit me up good. I'm dreading the day they adapt to life in the Appalachian foothills.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You guys are just jealous you can't lift telephone poles over your heads, IMO.

10. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Do the Talstar granules work as well?

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

The fireants here at Bragg are dreadful. I take a book of matches and hairspray every time I go fishing. One day I'm going to burn the reservation down, but I don't care. I hate those bastages.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Racist ants...

[​IMG]

13. Oldvol75

Never tried them, I've only used the spray!

14. Oldvol75

Adds a great flavor to the crappie!

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as it frosts we are ok.