Angry Titans fan? Read this.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Mar 19, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. I am disappointed that the Titans didn't land Peyton Manning. He is a hell of a player.

2. Any Titans fan who says they didn't want Peyton Manning is a liar.

3. Anyone who is "mad" or even personally irritated with Peyton Manning needs to get a grip. He doesn't owe the state of Tennessee anything. His loyalty to the University of Tennessee is beyond question, and the University of Tennessee has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Tennessee Titans. Peyton Manning is a professional, looking after his business interests. He is a man, not a Mid-South folk hero.

4. The Titans screwed up strategically by pursuing Manning. If fans want to dream of Manning in Nashville, that is fine. But the truth of the matter is the Titans already have both a veteran and young QB that appear to be working out, and have several other roster concerns and weaknesses they should have been dealing with. Mario Williams could have been a Titans without the Manning sweepstakes diverting bargaining attention. I re-emphasize point 1 and 2, but the folks in charge (Bud Adams) ought to be smarter than that.

5. The only reason why Bud Adams pursued Manning with the current roster situation as it is, is because Bud Adams knows he will likely soon pass away. He is 90. It was not a rational move for that franchise, rather an emotional one made by a man desperate to solidify his legacy. This is very disturbing, as this Manning pageant has greatly hurt the Titans in terms of going after more pressing free agency needs at the critical early time.

Can Bud Adams make the sorts of decisions necessary for building a championship-winning franchise? It is debatable that he ever could, given the franchise started in 1959 and has about as much hardware as Barbie's Dream House. But there is no doubt that his mind is not in a state as to be at the helm.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bud Adams trying to play it off as Peyton not wanting to "come home" is the most ridiculous spin I've ever heard in my life.

And Clay Travis, if you ever read this, [uck fay] you. Your pathetic, whiny ass rant on the radio today was childish. Peyton's house is in Chattanooga, 2 damn hours away from Nashville. He went to school 3 hours away from Nashville. Peyton doesn't give a shit about Nashville.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I can't fault Adams or the organization for going after Manning. They made a run at the biggest sports icon the state of Tennessee has ever known, and the most sought after free agent in NFL history. It was a gamble, but I'd have done the same.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Oh my. Did Clay Travis question Peyton's loyalties or something? How pathetic.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully the damage control with Hasselbeck is that Munchak can go to him and say that Bud forced them to pursuit Manning. I don't think the GM or coaches had any plans to go after Manning until Bud opened his mouth. Mario Williams would have been nice but the Titans are too cheap to pay what the Bills did, the Manning offer proves they have the money though.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clay said he was "done" with Peyton because he turned his back on the state of Tennessee

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yet he has a man crush on James Franklin. Sounds like he is trying to make the full transition to Vandy fan.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Hasselbeck shouldn't really require damage control. Ought to be as simple as saying "Look, we appreciate what you've done, and like having you as our qb...but you're no Peyton Manning. It's not like we were courting Kyle Orton and Jay Cutler. Shake it off."

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

True, plus he has to look over his back for Locker.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bwahahahaha. He's either sad and spiteful, or the world's worst provocateur. Or both. Someone needs to be taken down a peg real bad.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's pissy because yet again he was wrong after saying something was a done deal. Now, he'll stick with the "Peyton sucks" theme until people forget he was talking
    out of his ass again

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Peyton Manning will always be a childhood hero of mine because he wore orange and played for the Vols. Me being a Titans fan and this not working out is purely coincidental in my mind. It is the NFL. It is a business.

I stand by my assertion that the Titans should have pursued Mario Williams or other free agents.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

SMH at some of the shit being said on toos. This is why I hate the Titans.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

By that logic, you must hate the Vols, too?

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I totally get that IP. Imagine how I felt when Carl Pickens -- my childhood hero -- was drafted by the NFL team I pull for.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't understand his career. Dixieland Delight was a brilliant book. On Rocky Top was hokey but not bad. He used to kill on the Finebaum show as a freelancer.

And then he became totally insufferable. I'd listen to Jimmy Hyams on loop for the rest of my life rather than have to listen to an hour of Clay.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm a true fan. My fandom defies logic.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm going to be researching and studying this Titans hate. This is really curious to me. I need to find an analog with another team. Are there folks in Jacksonville still loyal to the Bucs?

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Unfortunately there are too many morons out there who give him attention and listen to his show. He's realized you can win that market by provoking stuff. Sad really. I used to really like him. But I guess being a douch pays better, and is probably more suited to his natural self anyway.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I am of the belief that the sentimental drivel about his childhood love of the Vols he wrote for On Rocky Top is 99% fiction.