Kentucky Still Butthurt Over Laettner Shot

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I guess I would get sick of it as well if that were UT in that situation.

off topic but Antonio Lang's brother was my teammate in college. Hung out with Antonio a few times, nice guy. It's ashame his brother didn't get the same talent.

3. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

We beat their ass in the 98 tourney, I don't even care about 92 anymore. I just hate Dook because they are Dook.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The arrogance of that state politician calling for the commercial to be pulled is staggering. STAGGERING. What an ass.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Somebody going so far as calling for the commercial to be pulled only proves my long-held belief that many Kentucky fans aren't even really basketball fans.

6. hardwoodfanatic

My belief is that such fans exist in every fanbase, but for some feckin' reason in KY some of them make it from the holler out into the public.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's just more of them in the Kentucky fanbase, because everyone loves a winner.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There are more hollers in Kentucky, obviously.

We, as Tennessee fans, can't poke too much fun after the ESPN Rocky Top debacle.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

A perfectly respectable stance.

I've had this discussion many times, but I still do not understand the hatred directed towards Duke as some sort of rival.

10. hardwoodfanatic

Some people just hold on too long when it comes to things like that. Some are weak minded enough they convince themselves that Duke somehow stole something from them, and take it personal. They simply cannot step outside that rationale and be logical. These are the same folks that write UPS over a commercial.