Sean Payton Suspended..

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NYY, Mar 21, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

For a year.

And Gregg Williams out indefinitely. Saints also lose two second round picks.

Excuse me... Hahahahahahaha.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Will be interesting to see what the Saints do.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Hopefully shut the entire operation down.

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Bastards got what they deserved. The NCAA needs to take note that this is how you punish someone.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If they could determine Marvin Lewis had a hand in this and suspend him too I would be mucho gracias.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

HAHAHAHA. I am still pissed that the Falcons did not take Brees out at the knees when he came in the game late to set the passing record.

7. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

absolutely

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Am I the only one who thinks the whole bounty board thing was no big deal?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Warren Sapp on Twitter: Jeremy Shockey is the snitch

Warren Sapp, former defensive lineman for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and now an NFL Network analyst, accused former New Orleans Saints tight-end Jeremy Shockey of being the NFL's source for the team's bounty program in a tweet sent out Wednesday after the NFL handed down its punishment to Saints coaches and the team. Shockey appeared to deny the accusation a short time later in a tweet of his own.

Warren Sapp on Twitter: Jeremy Shockey is the snitch - New Orleans Saints Football NFL News - NOLA.com

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

How exactly does one suspend a GM? Not that he's suspended until after all roster moves are decided, anyways. Why not just announce the fine? It would sound way more impressive than "suspended between the end of the last preseason game and Week 8."

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

If not being able to watch the games from his suite doesn't teach Loomis a lesson, nothing will.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Haven't seen it suggested... Fulmer as interim coach?

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I don't either. However, Goodell has hung his hat on player safety. If he doesn't come down on this strongly he's cutting his own legs out from under himself.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Player safety in a violent collision sport is not really something you can hang your hat on imo iyam jmo.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's just a hypocrite though. Rules apply to Tom Brady that don't apply to Cam Newton. Or a QB can cut a guard, wreck his knee and not get so much as a fine, but a linebacker takes out a WR on a clean play and it's a 15 yard penalty and 50,000 dollar fine.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Agree. He's sissying up the sport one fine at a time. However, I can see why he has to come down hard. If he doesn't, he's even bigger of a hypocrite.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is what pisses me off.

You can only hit a QB standing in the pocket from collarbone to thigh. However, let that guy scramble and he's fair game. WTF kind of sense does that make?

Or a poorly thrown pass leads a WR into James Harrison's head and shoulder, throw the flag on James Harrison. Bullshit. There's no other word for it.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's backed himself into a corner. WRs and QBs are all but wearing flags around their waists while the guys suffering long term brain damage are the ones in the trenches headbutting each other 60 times a game.