Trayvon Martin Shooting

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Mar 24, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is going to get very ugly before it's all said and done.

Everyone has already formed their opinion, and it seems may be several facts still outstanding before a final judgement can be made.

One thing though - one of the parts of American politics that sickens me greatly is when we take something like this and make a political issue out of it. I've been just as pissed at politicians on both sides of the aisle over stuff like this, and this is not an exception. STFO and quit trying to make a political gain out of it.

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

nothing like seeing al sharpton out there, him and J. Jackson are pieces of dog crap. then obama saying "if i had a son he would look like Trayvon", classic stuff

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not near as classic as a bunch of redneck cops sending a narcotics investigator to a homicide scene. I hope Al and crew burn that whole [uck fay]ing city to the ground.

4. hatvol96

Nothing like some old school radicalism to get ready for the Elite Eight. By Any Means Necessary!

5. CardinalVol

The more I read about it, the more confused I am, and the more I am convinced Zimmerman isn't 100% there.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm curious to see what the grand jury testimony will be. As of right now, no one knows anything. Both sides are going off hear-say and preconceived judgements.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not sure if it was racially motivated, or not, but I do not believe this act was self-defense. If anything, Trayvon was acting in self-defense. If you corner someone, at night, and they react by attempting to get by you, and an altercation occurs because you block them, I do not see how that is self-defense if you then pull on the person you cornered.

Zimmerman was not acting in self-defense.

8. hatvol96

The police chief has acknowledged they sent a narcotics officer instead of a homicide detective. You know, right before his incompetent hillbilly ass resigned. We also know from the 911 operator that Zimmerman was instructed to discontinue his pursuit of Martin. Those facts are not in dispute.

9. hatvol96

I tend to agree, to a point. Zimmerman strikes me as the typical "Neighborhood Watch" dipshit. He wanted to play cowboy/cop.

The police reaction, on the other hand, is so overtly racist it would be a Dave Chapelle skit it if weren't so tragic.

10. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Didn't Zimmerman call the police something like 40 or 50 times over the year for different reasons? Sounds like the guy is a wanna be cop that took neighborhood watch too serious.

11. hatvol96

Wouldn't surprise me at all. "Neighborhood Watch" is code for "Gaggle of Nutjobs."

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Said the same thing when they pushed that in my neighborhood.

13. CardinalVol

I think I read today 46 times since 2004 or 2005.

This is pretty much where I stand.

The biggest piece missing is from when he tells the dispatcher he is returning to his vehicle and then when the secret witness showed up. I'm just not believing he went back to his vehicle. I just don't.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

I'd say that the second he started following him, he went from a watchful bystander to inciting an altercation.

I can't imagine what the kid did to warrant any level of force, whatsoever, much less deadly. I'd wager that the kid confronted him, one of them got physical (it doesn't matter which, IMO), the patrolman realized that he was in the opening stages of a long-overdue ass-whipping, panicked and shot the kid.

I'm no attorney, but I can't believe that he's not committed some crime. Civilly, he's whatever Latin word means, "royally [uck fay]ed".

15. CardinalVol

At some point Trayvon was on top of him beating him. Z had his nose broken and cuts to the back of his head. There is a witness to this.

The question is - who started the altercation?

My hypothesis is that Z lied to the dispatcher, continued to follow him, incited something, there was a scuffle, Z shot him "in self defense". That's purely my hypothetical, but until something comes out that proves the opposite of what happened between him telling the dispatcher he was going back to his car and the witness showing up, that's my theory.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'll attempt to offer my completely amateur / ignorant detective skillzzz:

Before the incident, Trey was nervously talking about someone following him.
    Z is on the phone, too, obviously nervous, asking for "units" (presumably, which he learned by watching re-runs of TJ Hooker).

So, both guys are on "yellow / orangish" (high-alert). Coiled.

According to the girlfriend, Trey says, "Why are you following me?" and then Z respond, "What are you doing here?", then a brief scuffle, then the line is dead. Meaning, the line had to have went dead before the shot, or she surely would've heard the unmistakable sound of a gun shot.

Z has a busted nose and a wound requiring stitches on the back of his head. Trey is shot in the chest.

I say that Trey, understandably, cold-cocked his ass, and in doing so, dropped his phone and ending the call. The punch busts Z's nose, sends him backwards where he falls and hits his head. Watching him fall, Trey stands there trying to figure out who it is, just as anyone would do. Z, already having gone exceedingly out of his way looking for a confrontation, is now disoriented and injured, feels lke he can now pull out the gun he's holding and shoots Trey in the chest.

Someone sees the aftermath, automatically puts the mental "good guy" label on Z (you know that everyone would know someone like that, especially being so overzealous and in the close-confines of a gated community) - and immediately tries to vouch for him / his story (or simply hears Z say what "happened") and simply believes and recounts it to the police.

This is probably all wrong.

I'll say this - if there is any way that they can charge Z with something, anything, he will be. Now, whether they can convict him might be another story, altogether.

17. CardinalVol

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

That's true. My question is what happened when the altercation started. Did Zimmerman just walk up to the guy and pop him? I seriously doubt that, but that's the race baiters angle. Did Zimmerman put himself in a bad situation by disobeying a 911 officer? Clearly. The question to me is was Zimmerman having the unholy crap beaten out of him before he shot the kid. If so that changes things to me. Is Zimmerman still guilty? Yes, but it wasn't a premeditated hate crime. If this is how things play out, I'm thinking 2nd degree sounds about right. Suffice it to say, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I get the feeling that something is rotten in Denmark.

Not sure getting beat up qualifies as imminent danger of losing your life. In my CC Permit class. The instructor specifically said that simply getting into a fight would be a very thin excuse to use deadly force. I guess it depends on what was going on in the fight to which there are no witnesses as I understand it. The instructor also said that in most cases the attacker would need to be attempting to use/using a weapon to justify deadly force in self defense. There are cases of individuals being convicted of involutary manslaughter up to murder for killing someone in an unarmed fight. Z was stepping over bounds imo by continuing to follow after being advised to stop. I don't think we will ever get the whole truth in this one. I also doubt with the attention garnered by this case that Z can get a fair trial which all citizens deserve. The media circus and nationwide demonstrations give me that impression. Even if Z is cleared criminally, which I highly doubt, he will be blistered in civil court. That is another point the CC instructor brought out. Even if one is cleared
    criminally in a case like this, 95 times out of 100, you are going to civil court where different rules apply and a different outcome very well could happen. Just working off the info from the class.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just don't see how you can follow a kid after being advised not to by 911, get your ass kicked after you confront him, and then pull a gun and kill him when he has no weapon ... and not be charged with something.