Yankeefanintenn is at it again.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Many of you know this guy but if you don't know you should check out his UT videos on youtube. In recent weeks he has uploaded a ton of content, both football and hoops related. This guy is my hero.

yankeefanintenn - YouTube

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The '95 Alabama game is now online! That's one of the first games I can ever remember watching. I miss thinking we were supposed to do that to Alabama every year. Oh, and he got the '01 Florida game! That's one of my favorites, can't wait to go back and watch that one. And the Miracle at South Bend, which I was too young for, but am still excited about watching. Also like that he's already got some Cuonzo Era Vols. Some of this stuff that's showing as updated has actually been there a while. I know I've already watched the '98 Cuse game. '98 Arkansas, '03 Miami, '03 Alabama, '04 Georgia, and '07 Kentucky were also fun ones to go back and watch again. I hope he can get the 4th quarter of '98 Florida (he has three quarters plus overtime, but is missing Deon Grant). I'd also love to see the Sugar Vols, which were before I was born.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's got the 87 Cal game on there? That was the first I ever went to at Neyland. That is awesome!

4. CardinalVol

And we're starting with 1990 Florida. Good 4th monitor use today.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I greatly appreciate the basketball content too. I watched Lang Wiseman take down the Razorbacks last week. The best part of all this is trying to picture where I was when these events took place the first time.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I started my day with 2004 UNLV.

7. Tar Volon

I've already dedicated today to making beer and watching the Elite Eight. I wonder if I can pull something up during my boil without a boilover?

8. CardinalVol

How big of a difference would Andy Kelly have made the last 2 seasons?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Is Dooley still the head coach?

10. CardinalVol

Let me clarify to begin, I don't think we're SEC contenders with him.

Yes.

I think you can notch up LSU 2010 and SC 2011 with Kelly over Simms/Worley. Maybe even SC 10. Not so sure Florida 2010 doesn't change either.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Andy Kelly would have helped us for sure, though keep in mind Kelly threw to the greatest cohort of receivers in UT history and was protected by arguably the greatest offensive line in UT history. But, if you are asking me if I would take Andy Kelly over Matt Simms? Yes. Yes. All day yes.

12. CardinalVol

I've actually sat here and thought it would behoove Cheney to look at some 1990 game film for the upcoming fall.

13. CardinalVol

I would also like to know how Tony Thompson did not beak his collar bone leaping over the top and landing square on his shoulder on that old turf.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I don't want to oversimplify this too much, but having a running game does wonders for an offense. It really is that simple. Does Tony Thompson have eligibility? I've heard Antone Davis is in shape again.

15. WM

WM Active Member

If you have an Xbox, get the YouTube app, favorite his channel and watch classic games on your tv.

16. CardinalVol

Ha.

Even crazier, if Cobb doesn't get kicked off team (granted he might turn pro anyway) and Webb doesn't get hurt, Thompson is the THIRD STRING running back on that team in 1990.

How many yards does Webb put up on his own in 90 if not for injury? 1500+?

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Watched old highlights of the 99-00 hoops squad. What a complete trainwreck of a coaching job. Those guys should have been in the Final Four.

18. Tar Volon

Especially after that bracket cleared out for us. The regional semi-finals were, if I recall correctly, a 4, a 6, a 7, and an 8.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Dude is my hero. Without him I would be lost on summer days that I don't have to mow.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I had a frank conversation with a player's parents after the SC loss in the SEC tournament. Leave it to say that "complete trainwreck" is a pretty good description and the flameout in the Sweet 16 was not surprising to the people closest to the team.