Willie Taggart

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 20, 2017.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

How many guys bounce in year one, weeks before signing day? I get it, the UTAD gave him an out with the contract. But that doesn't make him any less a piece of shit to me. He gave zero [uck fay]s about UT as he walked out that door, he knew what type of situation he was going to leave us in. The problem was compounded by Hamilton and UTAD but the problem began with Kiffin bolting in the first place.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Possibly, but we didn't have a magic machine to turn Knoxville into LA, so it likely wouldn't have mattered.

Hamilton is also a big reason Kiffin left. If Kiffin's buyout is more than a half eaten bologna sandwich, I doubt USC offers him the job.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t think many coaches are the given the option to do so. I’d suspect plenty would, if it were the right gig. And I’m not so sure about the zero [uck fay]s thing. He stopped and did a farewell press conference despite having no obligation to do so and that not being standard practice. I’d say he didn’t feel great about the situation but thought he wouldn’t get another chance at USC.

I honestly think a lot of people would make similar decisions even if they won’t admit it.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Kiffin didn't screw UT. UT screwed UT.

Kiffin's buyout in year 1 should have been a deterrent for SC...but it was practically an incentive.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If you were in his shoes, with a last minute opportunity to go home to Knoxville and be the head coach of the Vols, wouldn't you do the same? I would...hate to be the bad guy, but that opportunity might never present itself again. Gotta go.

I believe that, had it not been Southern Cal, Kiffin would have remained at Tennessee for the long haul, leaving only for an NFL HC opportunity down the road.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If your girlfriend dumps you, and you hook with a prostitute because you're desperate, your ex girlfriend wasn't the reason you wound up with herpes.

wildnkrazykat and Calculon like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I think some of you like tall guys that still wear shoulder pads in their coats to make them look even bigger

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Maybe not, but she can go to hell anyway.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. GahLee

Yeah, I get it. It was some seriously shitty timing for us. We all know he wanted to be back at USC but they were staring down the barrel of the NCAA. He thought that was better than UT, kinda shows he didn't think much of Tennessee.

10. GahLee

Can't imagine a worse AD than Mike Hamilton.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

gcbvol, tvolsfan and A-Smith like this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As I recall, there was some misleading regarding how serious the sanctions would be. I think he was expecting no scholarship reduction.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hart is in the discussion. If Currie lands Gruden, I may drop Hart below Hamilton.

A-Smith likes this.
  14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I believe that was Hat’s take, and he was probably right.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

You probably mouth breathe in public restrooms

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I thought the scholarship reduction was known when he took it.

I think the expectation is that he would have some allowance for not being able to field a full roster.

Then he lost the AD that hired him. Then he lost a bunch of games. Then he got fired.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everyone assumed it would be a few scholarships gone. It wasn't known until a few weeks on the job.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah no one ever though the sanctions would be that severe.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017