True Confessions: I don't care about spring practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 27, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Not remotely. Other than avoiding injuries and such, I am not interested whatsoever. There. I said it. That goes for the spring game as well.

What about y'all? Are you joining in the collective two-week orange and white orgasm right now? Or maybe somewhere in between.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not a true fan imo. Yes, I'm gonna enjoy spring practice. Not a full on Orange orgasm though, just gettin a semi.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I get suckered in every year. From Spring game onward I get into full homer mode until the third week of September. Then I come back down to earth.

4. hallowed_hill

Just go back to last year and re-read the articles about who is really looking a BEASTUD from off-season workouts and who is coming with a totally renewed mental approach...bla bla bla. Or the year before. Or the year before.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The O&W game is a good excuse to come back to Knoxville for a weekend for me. I don't pay too much attention to spring practice because of guys like David Yancey, Bill Grimes, Jarrod Parrish, Quintin Hancock and Toney Williams.

I don't get too amped up about the season until a week before the games start.

6. hallowed_hill

I can buy that for sure.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Definitely less interested this year than usual.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Yup.

9. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

what i love is the volnation assholes praise these guys and then when they screw up on the fist scrimmage, they turn faster than a democrate caught in a lie and demand these guys never see the field again. it's the same thing every year. God forbid the spring game is not good, those morons will go crazy.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Lost interest after I went up to see the Clawfense and the G-gun in the spring game, then had to sit through the 2008 season.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If the offense sucks, it just means coach Sunseri is turning the program around, vfl, gbo! If the D can't get a stop, just means we have the most unstoppable offense in the by God USofA, by damn, gbo, vfl!

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda like to hear about how guys coming back from injury are doing and how some things might be shaping up, and I thought it was moderately interesting in years with coaching changes. Other than that, I agree about avoiding new injuries, and the O&W game is a complete bore.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

The over reactions after Bray's performance last year were all time.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

3 weeks away from this

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was hilarious. It was pretty obvious he didn't give a shit about being out there in 50 degree weather, in the rain, throwing to a bunch of walk-ons

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

O and W game is fun. I've always liked it. No pressure, normally beautiful weather, and lots of daddies and kids getting to take in the Vols in a harmless way. Win win, win imo.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That is one thing I like about it, especially now since I have a little one too. He'll make his Neyland debut at 4 months

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's cool. I'm holding off for the time being (I just need a break from my little ones to be honest) but that is certainly the best way to have a safe, enjoyable visit without any major hassles.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Full-on orange orgasm, with white finish. I drink the orange kool aid, but will not swallow this time around.

One of these Springs will be the precursor to a turn-around. My question is, will it actually look any different from these other wet dream Springs?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes, there won't be talk of attitudes improving or player X you've never heard of getting better. It will look like an NFL farm team on the field and they won't have to talk about how good they hope to be.