Louisville vs. Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Mar 26, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

[uck fay] LOUISVILLE.

I know, it was hard to see that coming.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I really don't like Kentucky very much at all.

4. kidbourbon

I don't know if two fanbases dislike each other as much as Louisville and Kentucky. Just pure vitriol on both sides. They make Duke/UNC look like a [dadgum] "we are the world" rehearsal.

My dad hates UK as much as you hate Louisville. Hates 'em, hates 'em, hates 'em.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This game is going to send one team to the finals with some injuries. Its gonna get nasty.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Odds Pitino wears the Col. Sanders suit?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Without Anthony Davis, I'd like Louisville this time around. But, the Unibrow never rests.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I'd say there is a better chance he gets a woman pregnant in a restaurant before the game.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he has learned from his mistakes, his tip will go ahead and include the abortion. It is classier that way.

10. hardwoodfanatic

For rivalry purposes, Duke/UNC doesn't come close to UK/UL. The tobacco road tradition is just a great, both programs are bluebloods, but what defines a rival is much more. UK and Louisville fans literally wouldn't piss on each other if they were on fire. There is a story now on KSR about a 69 year old UK fan and a 72 year old UL fan who got into a fistfight while at dialysis. Crazy shit.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Alabama-Auburn.
    Kansas-Missouri.
    Oklahoma-Texas.

12. kidbourbon

Alabama-Auburn came to mind after I posted my post. I think this is the best analog.

I would definitely put Kansas-Mizzou in the conversation as well.

I don't know if Oklahoma-Texas hate rises to that level. At least it hasn't from what I've seen and heard from fans on both sides that I know. Too much mutual respect sprinkled in there a la Duke/UNC. I don't see any of that in-the-background-sentimentality with UL/UK or Bama/Auburn. Just pure loathing.

JMO.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hate Alabama fans with a passion. I don't know if it is as bad though.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The hate between Kansas and Missouri is legit HATE. The Civil War never really ended for them. They were nasty to each other then, and still are now.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Alabama and Auburn have actual murders committed over their games on a regular basis, so they do have an edge.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Auburn Alabama rivalry is an example of why abortions should remain legal

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

18. hardwoodfanatic

I threw my empty beer bottles into the back of a truck with a UL plate on it last night, for good measure.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

20. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Would need a pic. And then tickets.