[penis] Huffman, tell us your story...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You seem to be a purveyor of UT lore and history. Got a favorite running back? You are about to get waylaid at a bar, would you rather have Raynoch Thompson or Steve Kiner on your side? You have a hail mary to win the game: name the Vol QB you want throwing it and the guy you want jumping for that sucker.

Others feel free to chime in.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If you're a VolQuest member I am known as The_Georgia_Peach over there. If I had to pick between Kiner and Thompson I would select (C)- Earnest Fields. Fields is the most overlooked and underrated player in Vol history. If I have to pick a QB and WR I would go with Allen Cockrell and at WR it'd be a tie between Carl Pickens and Meachem.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You are not a popular man on Volquest, it seems.

Wasn't expecting Allen Cockrell for that question at all. Tony Robinson or Tee Martin for me, and agree on Pickens with a nod to Tim McGee.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

ha you are indeed a prominent poster on volquest, dh. The big orange brigade frowns on anything not related to unicorns and happiness in talking about UT sports.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I ran into Carl Pickens as I pulled up to my wife's Aunt's and Uncle's house in Middletown, Ohio in the mid-to-early 2000s. He was walking down the street heading to their next-door neighbor's house. I couldn't believe it.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I like Tee a lot. My biggest complaint with Robinson is that throwing into heavy coverage never kept him up at night.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Loved Robinson. Still remember when he would wear wristbands over his ankle / calfs because he as so skinny.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

This board is like the damn Goonies of vol boards.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We are VFL refugees

10. Tenacious D

I used to know the detective who busted Robinson so many years ago.

The saddest part of the whole deal was that HE knew that THEY knew...and still didn't stop. Of course, that's all hearsay.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Reggie Cobb getting busted was a real downer too.

12. Tenacious D

I had totally forgotten about that.

Was Robinson's the most high-profile arrest of an active player in school history?

Maybe Tyler Smith bested it?

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think Robinson gets that nod, though apparently Bernard King was always one stolen TV away from that title. I still think Travis Cozart and Dustin Moore's multitude of personal problems wrecked what could have been very long NFL careers for both.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Hubert Simpson deserves to have his name in the running....

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Wrong!

Casey Clausen to James Banks FTW:

[video=youtube;5NeXh54BWDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NeXh54BWDc[/video]

EDIT: Can't seem to get the video to play, so I hope it is the right one

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I didn't say Hail Mary to score at the end of the first half, cotton! That's exhibit A of Florida fans getting Zooked, btw.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Zook and [ddiapos] have some similarities... With Zook being the superior coach.