Any good from Spring Practice so far?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Who is turning the coaches heads? Who looks drastically improved over last year? Who/if any are the leaders gonna be? Which Early enrollee is gonna have the biggest impact?

Just wondering if anybody knows if there have been any positives in spring ball so far, because, well since Kentucky, I have been way down in the dumps on this team and Dools. I may have the oppurtunity to buy season tickets, but I don't wanna buy them if the team isn't gonna be any better than last year.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Also, I have the feeling that the only thing that has happened is that two things have been made more clear to us. Da'Rick is a [Penis], and Dooley could [uck fay] up a wet dream. I just want to hear some good if there is any.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hunter is ahead of schedule and AJ looks a step faster

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The defense is complicated. Which, on second thought, might not be so good. Lane is supposedly 100%. Couch wants 1998 to be here again. So do I.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Some of the stuff Couch says is really encouraging, but then again, if he is the only guy on the team that has that mindset, it doesn't really mean much.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If Hunter is 80% of what he was last year he will improve this team and AJ has all the tools. I thought speed last year hounded him at times, but hopefully he has closed the gap.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or if he's on the bench it doesn't mean a lot either

AJ being in the middle covers it up too. Less coverage in space and a lot of head on collisions. Hunter is a ridiculous athlete that opens the field up for everybody else.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Surely he will play? I thought we seen flashes last year of him being a really good player, and I thought with another he could become a really good SEC d-lineman.

Edit- Mods, please fix my quote box, I am an idiot.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll have to beat out Marlon Walls. McCullers is all but guaranteed a starting spot at NG and Sentimore is at end.

It's not a lock he'll be a starter.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Are guys like Bohanon and Smith gonna be exclusive at LB now, or will they go down on the line some to?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sure they will when Tennessee goes 4 down linemen on obvious passing downs.

Jordan Williams is a guy that is getting a lot of buzz about being a "breakout" player.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is Jordan playing at Jack, or did he put on weight and stay on the line?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been at the Jack spot

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This sounds just like Dooley, but I do think we have enough players to know turn an awful 20-12 Georgia game into a W, and the same for Florida and SCar. Instead of losing 37-6 to Bama, it will probably be like 28-17 know. Vast improvement lol. This is taking into account that none of these team improve, which is complete bull, so my statement may be a wash, but I think we are closer this year. Dunno if Dooley can do it, if not the next coach is gonna come into a pretty decent situation, imo.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think he could end up seeing time at both positions. Either way he's going to see the field a lot.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Be crazy to not have Couch out there a lot.

17. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think Couch can be a good DE in the 3-4.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I know Fowlkes was supposed to be impressing before practice began. Need some guys to step up.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Fowlkes better do something this year. He was listed as one of the top 5 sleepers in his class (Rivals) when we signed him.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like Alden Hill is impressing.