The LSU bar brawl

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Aug 23, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Somehow I didn't hear about this until now. Several players possibly involved. Jordan Jefferson was apparently present but "left before the altercation." Though some sources say otherwise. It will be interesting to see how LSU and Miles handle this. Rumors of charges of second degree battery-- which I believe is a felony, but I'm no lawyer-- suggest significant suspensions are possible.

Or it will all just blow over in a week.

2. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Think this is just Jefferson's first altercation/incident, no? How many did Perrilloux have before he was shown the door?

Not that a Vol fan has much room to talk here... but still.

Also not totally convinced Jefferson being dismissed would be a bad thing for their QB situation.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Miles came out last week and said they've handled it internally because the players broke team rules. Wouldn't be any suspensions because it is stuff you handle with things like running. Wonder what the new story will be.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looks like the police are stopping their investigation despite jefferson reportably kicking some marine in the head. must be nice to be a star football player.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I heard something about the Marine lawyering up. That may change the complexion of this going forward.

It's also pathetic that a scholarship athlete is apparently held in higher esteem than a volunteer military service member in a time of war. I'm not one to slurp all over the military, but they deserve a hell of a lot more respect than this.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jefferson may not have a starting job, if Mettenberger plays his cards right.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Any chance this is the end of Miles' satanic luck?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree about respecting military but the owner of the bar and a bouncer have both come out and said the marine started swinging first

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not only that they kicked him out of the bar because he was abusing his ex gf. lots of dumb to go around here.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

First thing that I thought when I heard the story was that the military service member was probably the one to start the altercation. Ive been in the situation plenty of times and 95% of the time it is one of us who started something.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't know that. I really don't have an angle on that post, now that they've been charged.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well the rumor is he was a bystander and decided to join in when jefferson started beating the crap out of the other guy who for some reason isn't pressing charges.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Jefferson isn't being charged for fighting. Jefferson is being charged for the stomping.

Regardless of who started the fight... that is a no no.

Edit: The Oregon LSU game has lost a bit of its luster, now, though.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Don't give a damn that it was a Marine.

Thought it especially funny that people were like, "He didn't say he was a Marine."

Ok. Why would he? "I'm a Marine, get out of my way. I'm awesome."

Hell, I'd kick that guy in the face.