Classic Songs You Hate.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Mar 31, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Don McLean's "American Pie".

Maybe it's because the song drags out about 3 minutes longer than it should, not really sure why but I [uck fay]ing hate this song.

So, what "classic" songs do you hate?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sweet Emotions by Aerosmith and Come Together by the Beatles.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Imagine by John Lennon... Anything by ABBA.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Not just a song... but I think that a majority of The Beatles music is vastly overrated. For some reason, they just don't do it for me.

Same thing, to an extent, with Michael Jackson. Although, I like more of his stuff than I like of the Beatles.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i second Imagine.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I agree about the Beatles. Nothing against them, they just don't do much for me.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like the early Beatles, all of Paul's and George's songs, just didn't like the political/social turn some of the music took toward the end of the 60s.

Here's one of my favorites among the many out there:

[video=youtube;UAlrFJbGdgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAlrFJbGdgw[/video]

Totally disagree about MJ: Rock With You, PYT, and Human Nature are all-time songs.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

One of my favorite Beatles songs there too, jo.

I actually liked some of the later Beatles stuff better, at least the stuff that's not too weird. Hard to imagine where music would be today had they not existed.

I have to put the Beach Boys up as classic stuff that I just never could like.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

One of my best friends is a Beach Boys expert. Seriously, he writes music columns and stuff for music weeklies. Anyway, he basically told me the story of the Beach Boys pre- and post- Pet Sounds and just the evolution of that group, its members, the fans and so on. Fascinating stuff. "God Only Knows" is a top-5 all time song imho.

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Dixieland Delight

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I'm not really knocking their place in the rock n roll pantheon, just not my speed.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Might be my favorite ever. Definitely up there.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I may be in the minority, but I want to punch someone in the face every time I hear "Fight for Your Right" by the Beastie Boys.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I realize this definitely doesn't qualify as a Classic Song, but "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is quite possibly the greatest desecration of music in the history of mankind.

15. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

Yep, see that doesn't do it for me. There are a handful of Beatles tunes that I somewhat enjoy. That's about it.

And about MJ, I like him, just sometimes his songs are referenced and overrated as the "greatest songs ever", when in reality they are just good, entertaining pop songs.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sweet Home Alabama......for obvious reasons.

17. WM

WM Active Member

More Than A Feeling, Catch Scratch Fever, Paradise City, Born In The USA, Born To Be Wild, Smoke On The Water. I could go on all night.
    Speaking of The Beatles, George Harrison had the best solo work out of all of them, no troll.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Word. Hate when it gets played in an attempt for cheap pops at sporting/outdoor events in Tennessee. Hate that it works.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Satisfaction.

20. WM

WM Active Member

Sweet Caroline