The Best Week of the Year...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanbill, Apr 1, 2012.

1. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Spring is in the air, birds are chirping, flowers, trees and the grasses are blooming, and most importantly, it's the Final Four, Baseball's Opening Day and The Masters all in one week. If you can sneak a TV into work this week, do it. If you can play hooky from work this week, definitely do it. Enjoy this week gentlemen and don't take it for granted. It's also Wrestlemania for those interested and I really started the week off with a bang this morning by running a half marathon. Now I can't move.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I admire the heck out of folks that run half marathons and marathons. I've said that I want to do one before I die, but the only problem is the training and the fact I hate running with a passion.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

It wasn't as bad as I expected, but my quads are still mad at me. Who is your Master's pick?

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

264.94 feet per day and in a years times, you've run a marathon! I hope my math's right, I do teach special ed if its wrong!

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Tiger, Phil or Rory are the immediate reactions. If Tiger can keep the putter under control he's beyond due. A part of me thinks he's still not there yet, though.

6. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'll go Westwood to win his first.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Luke Donald could weasel his way up there.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Cats/Tiger wins could turn one of the best weeks of the year into one of the worst.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tiger in contention on Sunday is great drama, no matter who wins.

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

volfanjo made me realize a while back that I'm a fan of the game itself before teams/players/contenders. Also, I don't hate Kentucky basketball with the passion most on here do and while I cheer against Tiger, this is always the best week of the year regardless of the outcomes. Plus my A's already have a win under their belt. We might get 50 more this season.

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This is a very good week, but it isn't the best week. The best week comes in early October, when summer is changing into fall, the leaves are changing, the days are warm and the nights are cool; when hunting seasons take us to the woods, football is in full swing, and Alabama hasn't beaten us yet this year.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It will be a lot better now that I can live stream at work without getting calls from IT.

It is a beautiful week. No joke, I'm going going to family lunch on Sunday so I can come home after church and watch the last round.

14. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I've been picking Adam Scott for years, so since I'm leaning away from him this year, he'll probably do it. In the end I see Phil, Rory and Bubba (yes Bubba) battling it out as they hit the back nine on Sunday. Can't bet against Phil in that situation.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dustin Johnson out of the Masters due to a bad back.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Also if we're throwing out a dark horse, put me down for Jason Day.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i've always been a fan of labor day weekend. first week of college football and still nice weather.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I like Labor Day weekend, but I wouldn't call the weather nice.

In my neck of the woods, it is usually 94% humidity with a temperature of roughly 147 degrees.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Two out of three ain't bad.

Good week indeed.