If/When Dooley gets fired.....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 2, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If Dooley gets fired and the first person that Dave Hart calls isn't Jon Gruden, I may turn in all my orange. Dude would be an excellent recruiter and we all know that he knows x's and o's. He wouldn't take any crap from the players. I know this has been discussed before, but he is who I want to be our next coach. It is a long shot at best, but hell a guy can dream can't he?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do feel like he will eventually want to get back in the game. Just seems too young and fiery for the booth.

3. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I love his QB camp shows.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

That is what got me to thinking about him.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt he'll ever be Tennessee's HC but it doesn't hurt to try

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I just want Hart to give him the simple courtesy call. Are you interested kind of deal, if not, so be it, but we need to swing for the fence on our next hire, not try to bunt, because Daddy was a decent coach with Herschel Walker at RB.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart saw firsthand what Saban did for Alabama's revenue stream. I doubt he goes the cheap route. A coordinator may get the job, but it won't be because Tennessee settled, it will be because they are a legit HC candidate.

8. KingWebbsticles

I hope so.

On TOOS, LWS is positive that should Dooley be fired, Kirby Smart would be hired next. I just hope that that isn't the case. I think there are better, more proven options.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think Kirby would be a good hire, but there are better. If it were me, Smart would be 3rd or 4th option, after, Gruden and Stoops.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't be surprised if Smart is the next HC but he won't be the only phone call

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't be too fond of a Kirby Smart hire

12. KingWebbsticles

Really? That high?

He'd be around 8-10, if it were me.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm just scared to death that our first call will be Kirby Smart.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll be near the top

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I doubt that there are 7 to 9 names bigger than Smart. Who all would it be King?

16. KingWebbsticles

I didn't say bigger names. Just who'd I would rather have than someone learning on the job how to be a HC.

Gruden
    Stoops
    Carroll
    Patterson
    Dantonio
    Strong
    Golden
    Briles
    London

We tried the Saban tree. It has failed. Let's give that one a rest for a while.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

My first call would be to Pete Carroll.

18. VolFrmNashville

VolFrmNashville New Member

I have faith in Hart to make the right call should Dooley fail again this season. I don't know how I'd feel about Kirby. I'm sure he's a good coach and all, but Saban is his boss. Players go to Bama to play for Saban.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I just don't understand flaming out on a Saban assistant without proven success as a HC and then immediately going for a second Saban assistant without proven success as HC.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If LWS is saying it, I'd feel confident that it's probably not correct. He seems full of shit about 90% of the time.