Bobby Petrino in motorcycle accident

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Apr 2, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

MADISON COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) -- Arkansas head football coach Bobby Petrino was involved in a motorcycle accident Sunday night.

Arkansas State Police says the accident happened 6:45 p.m. on Highway 16 in Madison County near Crosses.

Authorities say Petrino was the only one involved.

Bill Sadler with ASP would not tell us the extent of injuries if any or how he is doing this morning.

We tried to contact the university, but got no answer.

Stay with Today's THV and todaysthv.com for more on this developing story.

Bobby Petrino in motorcycle accident | todaysthv.com

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Little old for motorcycle wrecks, isn't he?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hopefully he goes the Bob Dylan route and disappears for a few years with only minor injuries.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He was released earlier today.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Shoulda been you, Nick Saban.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I laughed

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

And it begins to all come together.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

And now I know... the rest of the story.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

No wonder he wrecked!!!

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

he's done.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

So a guy offers an engaged 25 year old ex-volleyball player a job in the football department in exchange for sex, invites her for a ride on the hog one evening, crashes and lies to keep her under wraps, gets exposed and...? I'm not sure where the problem is?

Tongue mostly in cheek on this one. Although the contract's morality clause is an option, not an imperative. Arkansas seemed to be headed in the right direction on the field, so I'm a bit curious if that's the direction they take.

(should have rolled with a Lexus from Lexus of Knoxville, BTW)

14. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

" I will be able to break you off a little bit. I'll be able to slap it, but I'm not going to have time to flip it and rub it down".

15. WM

WM Active Member

The Internet is a comedy goldmine tonight.

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

As sure as the sun will come up tomorrow there is a morality clause in his contract and as sure as that same said sun will set tomorrow, he breached it.

Not sure how he can keep his job after this, this goes above the AD and I'm sure the University President and the other higher-ups can't justify keeping him after banging a faculty member that he hired. Then lying about it, whoever tried to help him in the cover-up is probably gone too, if indeed there was an attempted cover-up.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Everytime I see the pic from the press conference with his strawberry face/neckbrace/smirk, I laugh my [uck fay]ing ass off.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So Bobby Petrino is a scum bag... this is considered news? Who gives a shit? Most coaches are scum. If he wins without cheating (on the field), why get rid of him?

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Love the reference.