Pat Summitt Retire

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Tenacious D, Apr 2, 2012.

?

Should Coach Summitt Return Next Season?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2012.
  1. Yes, if she wishes to return

42.9%
  2. No, she should be asked to retire

57.1%
  1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Round for sure. And just big enough to still defy gravity.

2. kidbourbon

Sorry I killed your metaphor.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I can confirm this is correct.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There was nothing about her in the Elite 8 game that looked like Summit. Warlick was walking up and down the sideline and Summit had a blank stare on her face most of the game as she sat there. If she was of sound mind, let her coach until she's 90. She would have earned that. Bit parading her out there next year "just because she's Pat Summit" isn't fair to her, her assistants, her players, or the school.

It's completely sad, and I would hate to be Dave Hart or Joan Cronin having to make this decision.....for several reasons.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm scarred, dude. Even the blank stare scares the bejeezes out of me.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

more on 'the incident'...

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's probably the most intense person I've ever talked to

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So, Mickie Demoss just took a WNBA head-coaching job today? Guess she's out of the running...

I think it should be Caldwell, personally ... but I think Pat will give Warlick the "nod"

9. kidbourbon

I think I would play a little game with Nikki Caldwell that I like to call "just the tip".

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

From what I am hearing, it looks like she will.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

She has been that way for a long time. My aunt said she was rougher than a cob on a basketball court.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I can't fathom why we wouldn't be able to get Nikki Caldwell. I just hope we push for her instead of promoting Warlick.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. And I hope she sees that. But I don't want someone else making the decision for her.

14. JayVols

I was at UT's basketball camp when DeVoe was coach. Pat had some girls on campus for some reason (don't know if it was an actual camp). The girls were dressed up in prom-like attire to go to a function, and were gathering directly below our dorm at Andy Holt. Let's just say several water balloons and a flaming paper airplane made from an ML Carr poster later, Pat was literally beating our door down. I'm the idiot that answered. PT till you puke became a familiar phrase to me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like something bad happened insulting Pat yesterday on Basilio. I think a caller insulted her and her condition maybe. Anyone know what that's about?

16. JayVols

Haven't heard. Some people are idiots. The more stuff I see, the more I hope the Mayans are correct.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah it was on his website. Actually not that bad. He just complained that we are basically paying her 2 mil to sit there yet take the cheap route when hiring coaches for football and men's bball.

18. glb911

glb911 New Member

WNBA Assistant.. not a head coach.

19. kidbourbon

Nobody else want to play "just the tip" with Nikki Caldwell?

20. JayVols

Nope.

"Balls deep"? Absolutely.