West TN baseball phenom commits suicide

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 3, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Tragic. Dealing with suicide firsthand my heart goes out to his friends and family.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did he do it? What a waste.

4. CardinalVol

*sighs*

Sadly, and stupidly, enough, because of a girl seems to be the early front-runner from a couple of people back home.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's nauseatingly tragic. Not saying anything about this specific case, but I hope parents of teenagers make sure to tell their kids to talk to an adult, any adult, if they're thinking about ending their lives. The teenage brain just isn't completely rational.

I really hate the title of my health care thread right now.

6. WM

WM Active Member

He shot himself in front of his gf. Feel bad for her.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Never saw him play with my own eyes, but heard of how good of a player he was before this happened. Terrible. These kids don't understand the finality of suicide.

8. CardinalVol

He was arguably the best high school player ever in rural West TN.

There's a couple of different tales of what went down. I don't know. All I know is that at the end of the day, it just sucks.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

me too. will screw her up for a while.

10. WM

WM Active Member

The story I have heard is him and his gf were driving down the road in his truck. Some argument starts, pulls off the side of the road, he threatens her with the gun, then eventually gets out of the car crosses the road to the grass on the other side and shoots himself.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This is why i will never have a gun in my house. Makes it too easy for kids to make rash decisions. (not trying to start a gun control debate here :))

13. CardinalVol

That's pretty much one I have heard. May or may not have been fighting before they left.

The other is that is was a planned dual suicide and she backed out and he didn't. I wouldn't believe it except for who it is from. Thus, it gets some credence.

Option #1 is highly more likely to me.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Crazy. I don't see why someone would take their own life.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This made the front page news on yahoo this morning.

16. CardinalVol

It's not been a good 12 months for the town of Parsons and Decatur County, that's for sure.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I live about an hour from Perry Co. and some of my stepfathers family lives there. Such a small area around the river.