Seeing The Marlins Open Their New Park...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Apr 4, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

reminds me how much I loathe the politicians who ran baseball out of Knoxville to build a worthless convention center.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The new Marlins stadium is supposed to be pretty damn awesome, isn't it?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm ready to see this artwork do whatever it does, just not tonight.

4. hatvol96

If the ball doesn't carry any better than it is tonight, it won't be doing much.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seeimg Muhammad Ali was difficult.

6. hatvol96

True, but once I realized he was quasi-clapping as he came out and that wasn't the worst Parkinson's attack I've ever seen him have in public, I felt slightly better.

7. CardinalVol

I'm willing to wager sooner rather than later they close that thing on a regular basis after a few more 400 foot blasts die in centerfield short of the track.

8. CardinalVol

Bud Selig can ruin anything.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Trying to hurry back and catch the game. On a related baseball note, received my first ejection tonight.

10. hatvol96

They'll have no choice come summer. The main reason for the roof isn't to avoid the heat, it's to keep there from being a rain delay every night.

11. CardinalVol

Is that a 2 game suspension tacked on?

12. hatvol96

Glad that rule didn't exist when I played. My high school and elite league summer career would have been far shorter. In fact, my summers would have consisted of a sparse number of games. I got thrown out three straight nights in the Oak Ridge league once.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

One with a $250 fine.

14. CardinalVol

Out of your pocket?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes sir. Second offense is $500. And it may in fact be two games afterall. I'll know for sure after meeting with administration tomorrow.

16. CardinalVol

I hope it was worth it. :)

17. CardinalVol

I've been tossed once, and in softball.

It was the most liberating experience of my life.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

See that's what pissed me off. I've done and said far worse. After he quick triggered me, I certainly got my money's worth. Like my old college coach used to say, "they can't eject you twice."

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Dale Ford ejecting me years ago makes my list of accomplishments. My claim to fame is the umpire who umped game 6 of the '86 Series and also ejected Earl Weaver during the National Anthem also ran me. Told him he was a zit on the ass of baseball.

20. hatvol96

It was a prefect trifecta. The first night, I got ejected for telling an umpire I had heat from the regular season with that the fact being a high school umpire appeared to be at the top of the list of his life accomplishments told me all I needed to know about his ignorant, hillbilly ass. The next night, a pitcher from Anderson County who was pissed I had been going out with his girlfriend threw at me. I dusted myself off, then dragged a bunt up the first base line and plowed his ass as he came over to cover first. The fact I went ten feet out of the baseline to do it seemed to be a problem. The third, we were playing against a kid who had spiked me a couple of months earlier. We were up 10-3 in the 6th inning, so I reached first then rollblocked and flipped him in an attempt to "break up a doubleplay." Apparently, I wasn't much of an actor.