Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney quotes

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Apr 4, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are per Wes Rucker's twitter:

"I never was a very good quarterbacks coach when I had not-very-good ones."

"Our outside receivers are actually attempting to try to block people, and I’m excited about that.”

"It’s fun to coach guys that when you call a play, they don’t look at you like, ‘What the hell is that?’"

While clearly made to be humorous, all three of these quotes make me wonder how bad things have really been these last 3 years.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;nv5UNyaaXjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv5UNyaaXjU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jim Chaney is hard not to like. I would like him more, obviously, if we avg. 35 points a game this year.

4. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I'm not a huge fan of Chaney as an OC.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he is just now getting wr's to block, i am not a fan

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Somebody on TOOS posted this gem based off of the coaches interviews today:

I wish football was as big of a fairytale land as some think. Just because coaches can interview well doesn't mean that we are fixing to go on a tear similar to the 90's. Give me a damn break. Dooley interviews well, but he could suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch when it comes to coaching football.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because Fulmer, Chief, and Cutcliffe were such great interviews.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Exactly. Those guys weren't the most enticing for sure, but they produced some good football for years when they were teamed up together.

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I have hated Chaney since the day he [uck fay]ing set foot in Knoxville. His playcalling is done via "Ask Corso"

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, I was waiting for you to stop by. You've been trying to buy him a ticket out of town since he got here.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I like the guy, buts it time to start earning your keep Jim, You got experienced pieces and depth to work with. Its time.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Less end arounds, more touchdowns.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

At least I'm consistent I suppose. I hope I'm dead wrong about him, but I court haven't seen it.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Make some T-shirts. 2012 football slogan, imo.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hope I never see the Vols run another jet sweep...

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I never understood the hate for the jet sweep in 2010. It kept working. Although last year nothing on the ground worked

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jim Chaney end arounds and Randy Sanders screen passes are the epitome of Tennessee offensive prowess sans Cutcliffe. Fun, huh?

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is a distraction and gimmick that bad (i.e slow) defenses will give you. Good defenses give it to you as well, but because they know they close quickly on the outside. Good defenses will force you outside all day rather than get gashed up the middle.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I love Jim the guy, but hate Jim the play caller.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The jet is awesome if you are running the wing T.