‘18 TN OL Ryan Winkel

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by bostonvol, Jan 20, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

He’s got the size. Will Friend can coach him up. And it sets us up nicely for his high rated teammate in 2019.

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Funny. You knock high rated players from Memphis private schools but are ecstatic about low rated players from Memphis private schools.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I knocked Drew Richmond. And ecstatic?
    Give me a break and go freak out about something insignificant.

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Sounds like you like this kid because he’s white...“country boy mean.” Yet he plays the same competition Drew Richmond did and has nowhere near the offer list or ranking. It’s called being consistent. You don’t want private school Memphis players unless they’re white and lowly rated?

You specifically said you would rather have a 3 star from IMG rather than a 5 star from a Memphis private school. So Ryan Winkel must really suck right? I mean he’s a 2 or 3 star from a Memphis private school. He obviously didn’t stand out against low level competition.

I want the kid and trust the staffs evaluations, but you are all over the place with your logic.

5. Ssmiff

Thank you for doing as directed.
    Yes, I hate black players. All of them. Especially country boy Trey Smith. Has nothing to do with me knowing Drews coaches and talking about how soft he was 3 years ago.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Your statement in the Kingston Harris thread was I would rather have 3 stars from IMG than 5 stars from Memphis. So why do you like this kid, being a 2 or 3 star playing in a private school league in Memphis? Your whole point was the level of competition and Kingston Harris probably didn’t stand out because his competition was so good. So why do you want a kid who didn’t stand out against Memphis private schools?

7. Ssmiff

I would rather have an IMG kid than this kid as well.
    He looks huge and like he knows what he's doing. I've posted that 3 times. If we have better options at IMG, take them instead.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We only take this kid if we miss on the Rice transfer. imo

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Bill Norton? Sounds like a badass from the 1984 squad.

10. Ssmiff

and I didn't say anything about this kid being a good ole country kid. I said I was ready for a few. The ones with mean streaks you don't have to beg to get out of them.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'll just say that I think O-Line, more than any other position, is where bleeding orange might actually have just a tiny little bit of meaning (still need to be over 6 foot 2 and 290 pounds of course).

Ssmiff likes this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'd take walkons like the Sullins twins over some of the softies we've had playing line in the past years.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m not going to shit on the OL here till they’ve actually been coached.

Hard to blame them for a lot of the issues with the coaches that were over them.

IZ without reading or blocking the EMLOS was a coaching issue

IP, Volgrad98, lylsmorr and 1 other person like this.
  14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Was really a stupidity issue. Dumbest looking stuff I’ve seen.

IP, justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  15. Ssmiff

so for this fall, who we got? Trey looks good. I like him at guard. you guys see him at tackle or guard? Locklear looked ok for a young guy. my neighbor Johnson did ok but has to get stronger. Afraid Hall isn't going to be able to play. Tatum looked better when he had to play as a light freshman and still needs weight. Not sure if neuhaus played. Brooks needs work. Hope Friend can get Calbert playing and maybe Richmond is older and seeing some things differently now and with better coaching can be what we need.
    Goodness looking at that, we need a grad transfer pretty badly. I guess Johnson will continue to play center. and is Kendrick done?

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Winkel picked up the Arkansas and Miss State offers right at the early signing period when they realized UT was getting the JUCO lineman.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kendrick is out of eligibility. Think he’s 37.

18. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Kendrick doesn’t remember how old he is.

The grad transfer from Rice visited this past weekend. 6’5 300 pound tackle.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Good point.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

A reoccurring theme under Butch Jones