A guy is offering me a good deal on season tickets. Should I take them?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Apr 4, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Just wanted your guy's opinions on the matter. Really want to buy them, but im not a big fan of spending alot of money at once, and there are no guarantees that the team is gonna be worth watching. What would y'all do? Its a great deal.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've faced this dilemma on a yearly basis and have come to the conclusion every time that I would rather just scalp in game day. Probably come out close to the same money-wise and then I won't feel obligated to go to a game that I'd rather watch on TV. JMO FWIW GBO.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

What are we talking Macon? And where are they located?

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

$2000 at a normal value $3260. Section W Row 4. This is for two seats.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

No no no no no no no. No.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

At most, UF and BAMA go for 150 a piec lets say. That's 600 there for two tickets. Mizzou at most 200 for a pair. There's 800 bucks all told. No other game should you need to spend more than 25-50 dollars. So for 1,200 we are looking at season tickets for two assuming you went to every game.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agree.

Also agree with scalping. By the time you exclude the donation, you've covered the bump that scalpers may get....and you're not stuck watching Troy.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ok glad to get some other opinions. I wasn't sure and I knew you guys would know more about the ticket market than I do. I guess the only reason I want a set is because I want to be guaranteed to get into any game I wanna go to.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This.

That's 142$ per ticket. Only two games on the schedule worth that kinda money and one is almost a guaranteed pummeling. The rest of the home games are worth about a third of that price, maybe even less from a scalper.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

No problem. I've never in my entire life not found tickets to a game. Any game, in any place. It doesn't mean you don't have to do a little work, and sometimes you'll overpay, but more often than not you'll get in at a price much more manageable than the number you just threw out.

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ok, and I actually thought I was getting a good deal lol.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

If you really want season tickets buy them off of faculty/staff. Seats aren't as good, but they are way cheaper (800ish a pair) and there are no fund fees. The seats you were offered are that price range because it is the other side of the original grandstand, not quite blue hairs, but close. But 4th row in W is tough to see the field honestly. The players are in the way and you get no good angles I think. Section D, row 30 is just about perfection in that stadium.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

That sounds perfect. The two best I've had have been DD row 10ish and Z15 row 20. That combines the best of both.

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I have two in X3 Row 35 I would let go for 1200 dude...I sell them for about that much every year...2k is crazy right now. Now if we start winning 11 games a year again that would make sense...

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Are you selling them again this year?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Scalping is the way to go.

In the end, it's cheaper and you don't feel obligated to go to crappy games

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Id scalp.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Yep. I have two others I use in another section. I made some room in my inbox sorry for that.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Macon, it isn't worth it right now. Even when Tennessee was really good, I never paid more than 50 bucks for a ticket, and usually averaged 20.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Thanks for the input guys. This is why I love the 8th.