How we close the 2018 class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Wide receiver class looking shabby

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

On the bright side, we don't really have anyone to get them the ball either.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Taylor and Copeland would be good

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Waiting for the inevitable scheduled announcement.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep, he gone:

Still says Florida State WR on the page. I hate to say it, but we lost this because the Tennessee brand has completely lost its cache. Maybe it's been that way for awhile, but you can tell this guy likes the sound of playing for Florida State.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dang. Sounds like he has UT to thank for not ending up at Coastal Carolina and he still might give us the last second Gaulden.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, bye.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I know recruiting can change minute by minute, but dude was literally recruiting for UT 8 hours before changing his bio. Hoping Pruitt can bring him back in the fold.

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I hate what Tennessee has become. I hope Pruitt can bring us back to national prominence. These kids don’t know anything about Tennessee anymore.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or is it that they do know about Tennessee, and Tennessee isn't what it is in our minds? I mean, I know that you know that is the case. Just sad.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The UT "brand" now is a national punchline and awful, nonsensical catch phrases.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This makes me want to punch all those mother [uck fay]ers who whined about losing recruits from message board negativity, not realizing the long term effects on recruiting for enabling and justifying a mediocre program.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's sad that people are posting GIFs at this kid of UT's 1998 National Championship. As someone pointed out, it was the Sears trophy and both UT and Sears have pretty much been irrelevant since then.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

butch jones did so much damage to our brand, way worse that dooley. all dooley did was lose games, butch attached a layer of gimicky shit that going to take years to clean off.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Too much truth in that, it hurts my heart.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree. Butch is/was worse than Dooley. The biggest issue is to keep Jimmy Haslam away. How does that guy manage to operate Pilot but delivers shit with the Browns and Vols? He has to be smart enough to know that whatever he's doing, has done is not working?? Is he not??

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s a top man. All top men just need more time and resources.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

You’re right. They know the Dooley and Jones era. That’s what we are right now.

So was Alabama before Saban.

It doesn’t take long for the sleeping giant to wake up, just need the right coach.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator