Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Apr 4, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Business has picked up.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What a day.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Amazing shot by Bubba.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SEC SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, it just seemed right.

5. CardinalVol

In 2012 Bubba Watson has bought one of the original General Lees, adopted a baby boy, and won The Masters.

Not a bad year so far.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Bubba has jumped to the front as my favorite golfer. He has that anti establishment feel and theres never a dull moment.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Let the record show that this is happening. White polo. Top button is buttoned. Bubba tribute day.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

pics or this isn't happening.

9. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Watson played on the same high school team as Heath Slocum and Boo Weekley. Imagine being some average run on the mill high school golf team trying to beat them?

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't like him, and I really know why. Something just seems off.

I was rooting for Louis.

11. cotton

Lawrence Tynes, kicker for the Giants, is also a hell of a golfer who played on that team as well.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I became a fan after the PGA two years ago. I had a lot of respect for the way he handled himself after that. I think he's sincere and humble, plus I like how he doesn't let the game define who he is. He's come a long way.

The worst thing about him are your UGA frat daddies that follow him around screaming Go Dawgs after every movement he makes.

Lots of folks will be swinging from his nuts now that he won a green jacket, so that will be annoying as shit.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, I could never root for a foriegn player over an American not named Phil Mickelson.

14. hallowed_hill

Ha. Would if i could. I've also decided to chastise random people for the rest of the day for not having it buttoned. "How about you show a little respect for Bubba!"

15. hallowed_hill

there. better.

16. cotton

I like a lot of the farners. I have a hard time drawing patriotic distinctions in an individual game. Ernie is probably my favorite player of all time.

17. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Real big fan of Ernie here as well. Also always liked the Shark. I typically root for Americans not named Tiger, but I have nothing against most foreigners. I don't even mind Lee Westwood.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I like Ernie and a handful of foreigners. Don't care for 99% of the Euros, though.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Justin Leonard will always be my favorite though. It's too bad the Tiger proofing of courses hurt him and players like him far more than it ever even pretended to hurt Tiger in his prime. His Ryder Cup is still my favorite golf moment.

20. CardinalVol

I'll cheer for bin Laden before I will Tiger, but I will pretty much always cheer for Americans over foreigners. None that I really hate, just how I am. I do really like Rory though.