Hilary Rosen's Comments on Ann Romney

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 12, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pretty weak to go after the wife for staying at home with 5 kids.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sheesh. Don't get it. Very odd the way children are
    viewed. She talks about the waitress with two kids as if those kids were forced upon her. Just seems odd that Ann Romney is fair game but the chick that tries to pass herself off as some kind of hero for standing up for her "right" to free contraception is off limits.

4. CardinalVol

I have one and there is no way in hell I would EVER trade with my wife. I'll gladly do what I do before that.

5. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

cat fight

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Rosen is a childless, hideous lesbian that was a driving force behind the takedown of Napster. It's not like these comments can make her any less likeable.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. some people wait till they are financially secure till they pop out 5 kids.

8. CardinalVol

And in typical liberal fashion, Rosen has turned herself into the victim in this.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is lame. It isn't disrespectful to say I wouldn't ask a stay at home for economic insight. It is called reality. They don't enter the damn labor market. And Anne Romney DOESN'T have any financial pressures to share either. This is a made-up bullshit outrage.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So Rosen is much more representative of the average American woman? Her point is senseless.

11. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

to say she has never worked a day in her life, however she was a stay at home mom, which even posters on this site have said is a tough job. IP you never cease to amaze me.

12. CardinalVol

I would dare say if you wanted to pick someone in my house to ask about the economic realities of a middle-class American family, my stay at home mom wife would be much more valuable person to ask than me.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty humorous that when talking about who has had real work experience in the upcoming clash for the White House the focus is in Romney's wife. Why not talk about who has had real work experience between the incumbent and the challenger? Rosen probably wouldn't like the direction that would go.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would you ask her about the job market? Tax brackets? Barriers to employment? Because that was what was being discussed.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You've never surprised me. I think I could post for you.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

would obama know about any of these things either from job experience? or rosen? hell what % of politicians ever have made a payroll? A decent % never worked a normal job in their life. if we are going to start caring about people's actual experience the number of commentators is going to shrink by 90%.

17. CardinalVol

Job market? Yeah, because she's got a decent idea of what is going on. The fact it doesn't affect her personally doesn't mean she doesn't have friends, family, etc. that it does affect, both man and woman.

Tax bracket? My guess is she understand that just as much as any woman in the work-force if not more. I don't understand how a stay at home vs a working mom affects that.

Barriers to employment? See the same as job market.

Stay at home moms don't live in a bubble. They usually have better insight than most others.

18. CardinalVol

A byproduct of this is this song is now stuck in my head.

[video=youtube;6hDvXk2X-1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDvXk2X-1M[/video]

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

So millionaire house wives are a good way to stay in touch with average women's economic needs. Got it, brilliant

20. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

considering that they weren't millionaires when the kids were first born shows that you don't have all the facts