Rise of Skywalker with spoilers

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 14, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the resistance being in worse shape than before luke blew up the death star kind of invalidates the entire original movies. i found that rather annoying.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You’re in luck, then.

They’re in even worse shape. Until the start of the next movie, where they’ll probably have a new senate and everything.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

How unreasonable would it have been to have 5 Mon Calamari Cruisers with 10 Corvette's evacuating D'Qar?

This way, the Resistance is still a threat but not to the point of overwhelming. The Resistance is still the underdogs fighting the big boys.

The First Order Jumps in and Akbar advises Leah to split the Cruisers and Corvettes into 5 separate groups to give the Resistance a better chance of survival than a pitched battle with the Dreadnought.

Leah's Cruiser stays behind to draw in Kylo and Snoke because they believe if they cut off the head the resistance will fall. So, dramatic bombers go in.......gravity bombs in space and all and in the process Leah's cruiser is damaged but manages an initial jump into Hyperspace.

Dreadnought scout fighters find the cruiser after her hyperspace engines fail and that's when the space chase starts.

IP likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I never played SW:TOR (MMO) either, but the cinematics for it are suh-weet.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hate MMOs. I play video games to avoid people

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, the whole MMO portion of SWTOR made me detest it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will grant this, there are at times I think it's in a lot better shape with the Empire in charge than not.

droski and fl0at_ like this.
  8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Meh... I liked parts and disliked others... I'm fine that they broke away from the past, but the overall story arc and plot was garbage. The characters did not progress.

And, it was too long.

As others have stayed it didn't feel like a Star Wars movie.

Not sure why Disney didn't go with some of the previous extended universe plots, woukd have been better than what they've trotted out so far.

And I do not like Kylo as the bad guy, maybe if they had cast it better?

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kylo is a little [itch bay]. I hope there's no redemption for him in the end.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thing is, kylo could be an incredible bad guy if they would let him. Just develop him.

I also wonder if this is dragging out to get a 4th trilogy out of it.

11. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I hope so, because so far, this is little more than a bridge to something else... Not sure what they're going for in the next one.

I'd be ok with a prequel as well as long as they set it far enough back to be original... Or, like the coming of age story for Yoda.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

It seems like an effort to wean folks off the old and move to the new. It might’ve been better to just go a bunch of years forward or something and have a clean slate, but I guarantee you people would [itch bay] about that. They’ve almost got an impossible task

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just give me a good story

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

People seemed to like Rogue One, and it was a middle episode.

Going forward a bunch of years would have been wise. Do some flash backs that show some things that happened to Luke, Han and Leia just for closure.

reVOLt likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah. They made that work.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Rogue One is easily the best Star War's movie this century and everyone already knew how it was going to end. With the core trilogy, everyone is tripping over their [Richards] screwing it up.

NEW COACH likes this.
  17. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

How do y’all feel about the upcoming Solo movie?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TBD. Looking forward to seeing Emilia Clarke, curious as to whether the story will be crap or not. If it's the same directors from Last Jedi, I'm not going to hold my breath.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I’m hoping since it’s a stand alone the story will actually make sense. TLJ was so bad and Rian Johnson should never touch anything Star Wars again, even though they are giving him his own sequel in the future. Eff that.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Love that Ron Howard took over. I love his filmmaking style.

NEW COACH likes this.