2019 Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

We need to get:

1. Players who can play both offense AND defense.

2. Players who don't pick up 3 silly and easily preventable fouls a game.

3. Players who don't just stand around and not punish a defense for packing it in on Williams.

IP likes this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy shit. We are now going to pull out the win.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I appreciate TD's effort to make this happen. He gave his all for UT today

IP likes this.
  4. Tenacious D

Ha, no.

They let a kid who couldn't play for ETSU hit the game-winner.

On to football.

5. Tenacious D

Correction: I look forward to watching Loyola getting shit-housed by 30 when they finally play their first real opponent.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Custer was Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year. He was actually pretty highly recruited out of high school and went to Iowa State when Hoiberg was coach before transferring to Loyola. So yeah I think he might crack the starting lineup at ETSU.

IP likes this.
  7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And he carries the ball like a mother humper.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A coach that doesn't suck in March.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don’t talk to him like he watches basketball

Dalekanium, 10SEvols, IP and 3 others like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just read Grant Williams goes to all the softball games. Still trying to stay away from a box of popcorn. He saw Barnes at a game the other night and said Barnes was eating a box and waving it at him.
    Pretty funny.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Playing gonzaga in Vegas.

Likely going to play west Virginia in the challenge.

Going to be a fun OOC schedule.

12. Ssmiff

Preseason #3 is pretty aggressive

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Official, WVU at the Tommy Bowl on 1/26/19.

That'll be fun.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we lose admiral, we are barely a top 25 team.

As it is, I have a difficult time imagining this team doing as well as last year unless someone steps up.

15. Ssmiff

its gonna be a challenge. Last year came out of nowhere, so the first sign of not playing well or losing and the pressure may mount. It is what it is. This new transfer pg coming in should open things up even more as he will be the best we have at penetrating and dishing. Bone is quick and good skills and I like him, but he doesn't penetrate and finish or make great passes when he does. Alexander will be better. Its my understanding Grant has grown an inch since December. Lemonte gonna Lemonte. Pons is an unreal athlete and will be better. Bowden, great defender and will see more looks with inside out kicks which is what guards want. You know its going in when a pg penetrates and kicks. I can't wait. They will probably struggle at points and have pressure they didn't have last year, but lets make another run at SEC and ncaa. Still can't believe that shot went in. That fading with ball spin and hitting NE side of rim gets that bounce 1 in @ 50. Never seen crazier bounces than happened that game, but we had them.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looking at the transfers stats, he doesn't look like anything more than what we had before. What am I missing?

17. Ssmiff

Don't just look at stats. Watch him play

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ok. But what am i, and apparently his previous coach, missing?

19. Ssmiff

I thought he was a grad transfer.
    Notice that we struggle to penetrate and when we do, Bone can't finish. Bowden can't handle well enough and Lemonte is a shooter. Fore is strong, handles well both hands has the ability to finish multiple ways (this may change a little playing against bigger SEC teams, but better to have more options). Another decent shooter. This kid can get to the paint and can run the court more fluidly than what we have. Notice we hardly ever fast break on people and usually look lost when we get a 2 v 1 or 3 v 2.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah he’s a grad transfer but what I got from reading about him is he’s a defense and hustle play guy. Was a crowd favorite.

I never watched him play though.

I expect Jordan Bone to take a step up