US and NK Summit

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Historic.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It goes to show that if you murder enough people, you can accomplish anything

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I want to bring it back to the menu for a moment, and not just because I am hungry. Typically the White House releases these types of details after for example the French President comes to the White House or another Head of State comes for a State visit. So by releasing the details of the menu this is again legitimizing Kim Jon Un, putting him on equal footing with other World leaders.

- Samantha Vinograd CNN Advisor and Sr Advisor to National Security under Obama

Samantha, you are trying to hard. There are easier angles.

4. Tenacious D

This is a losing position.

NYY and A-Smith like this.
  5. Tenacious D

Fake news.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which should be disturbing to you. Kim jong un is a murderer.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am with you. Bomb the shit out of him. Vaporize his ass.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not what I have ever said.

9. Tenacious D

Hopefully, these meetings will make the world a safer place, including the establishment of a path for the same to be enjoyed by those still inside NK.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

For sure.

Although I worry that Trump will either go to outright war with NK or his intelligence establishment if there is an agreement and the intelligence community determines they aren’t holding to it.

Hint: Probably against his intelligence community.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  11. Tenacious D

No POTUS should allow NK to achieve a missile that could accurately deliver a nuclear payload to the US.

Hopefully, all sides can be convinced to pursue the path of peace.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fr...1-trump-north-korea-singapore-nuclear-science

But while there may have been anticipation in the air, there has been precious little detailed prep work on the ground. Absent any preconditions, deal to be signed or even a National Security Council meeting to plan for Tuesday’s summit, Trump appears to be relying heavily on instincts and emotions for the meeting with his North Korean counterpart. “It’s about attitude,” he told reporters last week.

Given the critical nature of nuclear arms policy and the unstructured nature of the pre-summit planning for Tuesday’s meeting though, many former diplomats are concerned about the lack of trusted technical expertise available to the US team in Singapore. Their concerns are heightened by the fact that the North Koreans are known to arrive at nuclear talks with a team made up of senior nuclear experts with extensive experience in diplomatic negotiations.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

You worry too much. Everything is fine.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why was the Iran deal, with a full commitment to no nukes, unrestricted inspections, and tangible consequences to breaking the deal, inferior to this nk deal which is merely a pledge to try? When did trump meet with Iran?

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I took a whatever attitude toward the criticism of Trump calling Kim talented because there was a lot of ass kissing and hand shaking. But that last part - relating his talent to running it tough? Wowzer.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Running a totalitarian government ain't easy.

17. Tenacious D

Obama was about as well-prepped as any POTUS could be.

So was Bush 43.

And Clinton.

And Bush 41.

Did that help them? You think Trump is the only one in that room, Un? You think that he’s doing it all, personally?

Don’t be this easy and basic.

18. Tenacious D

The Iran Deal gave them $150B and didn’t require them to give up their nuclear program.

You may not like, and should pray that we avoid, Trump sending an envoy to meet Iran.

But he’s going to circle back around to them, soon, if reports are to be believed.

19. Tenacious D

Don’t get too caught up in the tone and tenor of negotiations with a gunman, IMO.

I don’t care what he calls him, if it leads to NK giving up its nukes, and sets about a path toward freeing its people.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Actually, the Iran deal had been working quite well and the money wasn't ours anyway.

Meanwhile, your boy just gave the North Korean dictator a long desired photo op and validation while getting nothing of value in return, so eager Trump was for personal glory.