Fulmer to Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Apr 16, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some Arkansas journalists are reporting that Phil has reached out through back channels to let the AD know he would be ready and willing to fill the vacancy left by Petrino.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sorry Phil, you had your chance to go there in 92. 20 years too late to don the hog hat my friend.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

When the members of the Arky athletic department catch their breath from laughing their asses off, Phil will issue a statement that he has decided to not pursue any coaching positions.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol how sad.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My offer does stand. They hire him, I'll donate $100 to Arkansas' athletic department.

I'll even wear a hog hat when I write the check if Arkansas does it.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There is a calling the hogs joke in this somewhere.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I am a Fulmer supporter(by supporter I mean I respect what the man done from 93-04, and his love for UT is off the charts) though I do agree that his time had come and gone. It is telling though that he is the one reaching out to them. If they had contacted him, I could see it having some legitimacy, but him contacting them means there is 0% chance that this happens.

8. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

boy he is desperate

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They could do worse in the short term.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would have a lot more respect for him if not for his saying he had built in equity with the program. That, to me anyways, tells me what he thinks about meeting expectations later on in his career.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Like hire a losing WAC coach? I agree

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not really where I was going...but...yeah.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Fulmer's last years seem to be just as bad if not worse than Dooley's first two years and Dooley came into a bad situation.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

fyp

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

While he shouldn't have said that, he has/had such an emotional attachment to UT, I will give him a pass on it.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm not giving him a pass; he had an emotional attachment to his own ego much more than he did to Tennessee.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yes, can't really argue that point.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would only really work if he agreed to a one year deal with the understanding that someone new would be taking over after that.