Pat Summitt officially steps down.

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by MaconVol, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Sad day. Unfortunately, I think everyone could see this coming.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's an end of an era, but legends never die. Thank You Pat Summitt for everything.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks for everything Pat!

You have represented the University with nothing but class and integrity. Sad times for UT athletics.

6. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I feel like I'm attendimg UT during the worst 4 year stretch ever. Just sad stuff for the Summitt family.

7. BeachVol

BeachVol New Member

Sad day for Tennessee. I'm not a big womens bb fan, but I always admired her pursuit of excellence.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I really don't care about women's bball, but there are very few people who achieve as much as she did in life and even less that achieve it with the character and class she did. For that reason alone, it's a sad, sad day.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I watched her from her second season. I saw someone who truly gave her ALL for the University of Tennessee. She is the greatest of all time in my book! Thank you Pat for the memories! Good Luck and may God bless!

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Women's basketball is by no means my favorite sport, or even favorite women's sport for that matter.

I loathe Lady Vol fans with a passion.

That said, there are very few people in the world that I respect more than Pat Summit. She epitomized what greatness is and showed that you can be the best at what you do with integrity, class, and character. I am glad she will still be around the program and the university in her new role.

Even though the odds are against her, I truly wish her the best. It's a sad day for Tennessee.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

[MENTION=124]LawVol13[/MENTION] is riling up the rubes on Volquest. Only a matter of time before they call him a negavol and he gets the banhammer.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i totally get that she has earned a right to go out as she see fit, but this isn't going to work. this is essentially what they did this year.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Yes, I fear you're right, jo. But, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Summarize for us common folk who don't give Hubbs money.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This whole situation does leave you asking what might have been for Pat...so sad.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Nothing earth-shattering. Mainly just being an ass hole to a few of the dumbasses over there.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A few on this board have taken that baton over the past year or so. [penis] has really pissed them off from time to time. I was told that I was on the top of a list a guy was making for when Dooley wins and he can remind those who didn't give their all for Dooley, I mean UT, or both, since are the same. Something like that.

Particularly since the Otha Peters switch, they have been convinced that message board negativity is a key determiner in the decisions of young recruits. People seriously argue there that Peters saw message board posts about Dooley getting fired and that came to play in his decision to go to Arkansas.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He got called out in a thread title... a thread title! All over women's basketball no less.

19. Volalum

Volalum Member

Thank you Pat for the life long years you gave to UT and the respect that you have brought to our great University!!

20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

[video=youtube;NMvuZj0-1AA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMvuZj0-1AA[/video]