South Park

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Mar 30, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ummm they aren't the liberal media themselves?

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Surely you aren't serious.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They do a pretty good job shitting on both sides when it's called for

4. kidbourbon

I can't imagine that a better job of this has ever been done.

5. kidbourbon

I thought the jump-over to real actors was pretty solid.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

They avoid extremes on any side, and they take shots at both sides frequently, but they certainly come across as more conservative than liberal.

"I hate conservatives, but I really [uck fay]ing hate liberals."- Matt Stone (per wikipedia)

7. kidbourbon

I always thought they had libertarian leanings. Like with the shows about (a) Wal-Mart, and (b) smoking, being illustrative examples.

[update] Trey Parker is a registered libertarian.

8. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

This is one of the better seasons in recent memory IMO. The anti-bullying, faith hilling, and toilet safety eps were all solid.

9. kidbourbon

The toilet safety episode was solid.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's funny that SP has grown into a show that usually features pretty intelligent (though crudely delivered) commentary on current issues. It basically started out just riding the gimmick of having little kids using foul language.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That's correct. Regarding social issues, some views are clear (i.e. gay marriage), but some of their issues it's harder to tell (i.e. abortion).

They don't go too far into discussing fiscal issues, but both in certain episodes and through interviews, you get the idea that they're fiscal conservatives.

12. kidbourbon

Indeed, it's unclear what many episodes -- e.g., the Cartman Crack Baby Basketball Association episode* -- tell us about their political leanings.

*This entire sentence was just a thinly veiled segue to me mentioning this episode, which is an awesome one.

13. kidbourbon

14. kidbourbon

You want that milk pasteurized?

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I was laughing for about 5 minutes last night. My friend didn't catch it and thought I was crazy.

16. kidbourbon

It was one of those jokes that is meant to take a split second to catch (because it means nothing until the following sentence), but then it's that much funnier when you get it.

I"m sorry to hear about your friend.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I enjoyed the subtle "He's white" fact about EVERY reported crime. They were making it obvious they were intentionally avoiding that race trap.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Split second to get? I saw it coming when she said she wanted milk in the tub. I feel like I have heard pasteurized jokes before. Not pooping on it, it was a solid bit. I guess I had just already been spoiled to it.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's because you're in MST. You get things before we do.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Boom. Science. Plus I'm in Colorado. So I get the Greeley, CO jokes they make. The town literally smells like cows all the time.