I’m All In

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Same as i always have been. Want us to win. We either will or won't. I want to be entertained along the way, and do like Pruitt. Would have loved to play for him. Football coach. If he cant do it, im really not sure who can, besides the big 3 or 4.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But wins are the ultimate measure

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I just want to see some in game stuff. How does he adjust, clock management, where does he go conservative if at all, etc. Things like that. I do have confidence in CP, first time I can say that about a Tennessee head coach in about a damn decade.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think his football coaching will be fine. I was worried his off the field responsibilities would piss him off. I'm glad he's got Fulmer to glad hand

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

In that sense, fulmer in place as the AD who hired him is ideal. Never knew it would get so bad that fulmer as AD would be a huge upgrade

Joseph Brant and justingroves like this.
  6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He’s injected testosterone into the program for first time in a decade. Nice to see someone treat it like football rather than goddam pattycake.

vols85, Memtownvol, zehr27 and 3 others like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It did have the feel of competitive dance with jones. Androgynous. His nickname should have been Androgynous Jones, but I think I made that pitch before.

JT5 likes this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Absolutely about Fulmer, that's one look that may be overlooked in CP's potential success. Enough pressure to win without having to babysit boosters and make sure they're happy.

9. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I think that’s what I’m getting at. We finally have a coach that has big hairy balls.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I expect to see some mistakes. He’s a first-timer. But just learn from it, and don’t continually make them on purpose and tell me that you were right

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He said yesterday, answering a question about Fulmer as his AD I think, that he expects to make mistakes. He said "10 years from now, hopefully, I'll be a better head coach than I am right now". There aren't many coaches that self deprecating

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree. Learn from your mistakes, and also show flashes of having your team play over their heads so that we have cause to think there's something special there once the mistakes are cleared up

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d infinitely rather a coach to have a steeper learning curve off the field, than on.

Anyone can learn to handle the media, boosters, expectations, being the “CEO”, etc.

If you’re perfect at all of those things, but a shitty coach, you’re not going to last long enough for it to matter much, anyway.

smokysbark and doolmeonce like this.
  14. chef65

chef65 Contributor

These days I'm more excited about the Preds and even the Titans, but I won't mind actually rooting for the Vols to win for a change.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Titans game is one of the most miserable gameday sporting events around.

justingroves likes this.
  16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I like the Titans and even though they could be one of the best teams in the league this year, but I’m still way more excited about Tennessee and always will be.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We have been used to a [uck fay]ing [unt cay] for a couple of years. My Tennessee Volunteers should be winning 8 games minimum from now on

justingroves likes this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This and he fits us perfectly. He knows what football is all about in the south.

19. chef65

chef65 Contributor

I go about 0.5 times a year but wouldn't if not for a free seat in a great location (bottom of upper deck close to fifty with nothing but a rail in front of me)

It's nothing like my childhood.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I expect them too. I just meant I want to see how he handles in game decisions before going "all in".