Who Here Is A Crier?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Apr 20, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

After a lengthy discussion today about this with a few male faculty members during lunch, I figured I'd raise the topic here since we're all male for the most part. (clearly excluding indy.)

The questions were as follows:

-If you said yes;

1. What makes you emotional?
    2. Was your father/mother/parent figure emotional?
    3. Do you wish you were not as emotional? (read do you ever feel like less of a man)
    4. Last, your age.

- If you said no;

1. Was your father/mother/parent figure emotional?
    1A- Were you taught that "big boys don't cry?"
    2. Do you wish you could show emotion better?
    3. Your age?

I know this is a rather random question. But there was such an in-depth discussion on this that it got me to thinking. Which, as we all know, is NEVER a good thing.

Lastly, just to do one last housekeeping order... Tenny, no need in answering. Uncontrollable sobbing after getting porked counts, we've all viewed the video.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Last time I had a good breakdown cry was when my father had a stroke. To hell with that old adage "big boys don't cry", there are certain situations when it's pretty much uncontrollable. JMO

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I cry if I get a remainder in long division.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I cried when I read the statement from NYY that I'm not really a boy. Why did my parents keep this from me?

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm very emotional. I cry.

I feel like a man. I eat my steak medium rare, can grow a badass beard, drink dark beer and my whiskey straight.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last time i cried was after my last football game in high school, that was 9 years ago.

I thought I would when my son was born but all I did was grin

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Man, that was funny. [ussy pay].

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm pretty emotional. I will definitely cry occasionally. They aren't sobs, of course - but more of a well up....occasional tear....over whatever happens to tug at the heart strings.

My father never shows emotion, but my mother is the type to wear her heart on her sleeve.

I have no problem with the occasional tear. It doesn't get in my way, bother me, etc. I'm actually not emotional in other ways. I don't get angry often, don't get depressed, or overly happy.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Last time I cried was after my last high school basketball game in 2005. Not a big crier.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I cry every time I see lawvol has not left this site.

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Last time I remember crying was tonite during the flyer game

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

You're a martyr, chavis. It is to be commended.

13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I cry every morning when I wake up and realize [ddiapos] is still Tennessee's football coach.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I found you!

[video=youtube;p6cOp6EDFlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6cOp6EDFlI[/video]

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good grief this shit has spilled out of the gaming thread

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I got teary eyed after my last high school and college game. My grandfather passing away was the hardest I've ever cried. The birth of my daughter I also got teary eyed. And the first time she told me she loved me I also welled up.

I've seen my dad cry twice. Once when his dad died. And when we buried our lab. I was grown when both happened. My mom on the other hand, cries during infomercials.

I was shocked today to hear a grown man tell another man he was weaker because he cried. Thus, this thread.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guy is not secure imo

18. WM

WM Active Member

I always wanted to be the town Crier.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I agree.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Depends on what he was crying about. If he had just pulled off a band-aid or something, that aint good.