Martin Looking To The Future.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Talked to a prominent AAU organizer today who told me Cuonzo is already focusing on 2013 and really working the class of 2014 feverishly. I think he realizes 2012 is pretty much a lost cause. While that may be tough to accept for the fans, it's best to face reality and start working on kids you actually have a shot with going forward.

2. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Really sucks, but makes total sense.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think it's a good move as well. Might as well focus your energy on realistic goals, and pulling a huge recruiting class this coming year is simply not realistic.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

About damn time Law.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Good to hear from ya, NYY.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Likewise. You'll enjoy the banter around these parts much better. It's so good I'm drafting a Scrogginsesque letter to Tenny D.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Hahaha. We need a few guys on here to ridicule; I say we bring Unimane and IAVol over.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Get Griff's sorry arse here and you have a deal.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Seriously, LV. What were you thinking the last few weeks Re: the number of posters M.I.A. on VN?

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Well, I thought it was possibly just the offseason contributing to it. I appear to be a mid-season free-agent pickup on this site. It looks like it has some serious potential.

11. hatvol96

Good to see we finally got you over here. The VN basketball forum is now officially dead.

12. WM

WM Active Member

RIP VN basketball forum.. We hardly knew ye...

[video=youtube;sepv7WsedjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepv7WsedjA[/video]

13. hatvol96

Tid, you'll get a laugh out of this. An old friend of mine is getting married next weekend. His afianaced is from New York. She asked him to describe me since he insisted I be on the invite list. His response was "Was did you watch wrestling as a kid? If you did, he's Curt [uck fay]ing Hennig, but drinking scotch." Best compliment I've ever gotten.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Where the hell have you been?

Welcome.

15. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Just got the invite from volwarrior33. I'm glad to be on here.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What? Unimane, UTIE, and a couple of the other dipshits still remain.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Freak kinda modified our plans with that whole PM shut down thing. We've been trying to figure out how to get you over here for a while.

Could you please use this damn name somewhere else so it would make it easier to hunt you down in the future.

18. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Nice.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 2013 class would be in... two years? Ugh.

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

It sucks but that's recruiting. We have a kid on my team who was invited for an unofficial to Tenn Tech this Weds and he's just a sophomore.