Cal Gonna Suck 2018?

Discussion in 'Cal Bears' started by NorrisAlan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm interested to see how Wilcox will do in year 2. I think Cal got a great coach.

3. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

When don’t they?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Hows about this, Cal goes 10-2, right? Wilcox is the next big thing, their defense is top notch, with an explosive offense to boot. Recruiting on the rise, and about to explode. BUT: Whatshisface at Oregon pulls a 3-9 out of the bag, Uncle Phil says [uck fay] it, fires him after a loss to Oregon St. They come calling for Wilcox and this time he answers. Cal needs a coach and fast. The defense was trending way up but they're caught off guard by Wilcox's decision so they are behind on the eight ball and miss on all the up and coming defensive guys. Then they start missing on their offensive guys, until, out of the shadows, a man who assembled one of the most feared offenses an 8-4 team has ever conjured up. A man who has spent the last year soaking up the genius of the college worlds leading defensive mastermind. Purveyor of the Oregon of the East. He needs no introduction. Hide your bricks, hide your trash cans. He's life-championing everybody out here.

InVolNerable, IP, Ssmiff and 3 others like this.
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the defense will be pretty good. the offense will continue to suck.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dont worry, your next coach is bringing and Infallible Offensive System.

warhammer and RockyHill like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What I was thinking.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8-4 or 9-3 are possible if cal stays very healthy

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think the D is going to be really good. If the O can run the ball well you guys should have a good year.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we'll run the ball as long as laird isn't run into the ground. it's downfield passing that is holding back the offense. the D could be legit top 30

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I don't think you will have to go downfield to often. Maybe to keep the defense honest. My guess is Wilcox will be pretty vanilla on offense and lean on the D to win games.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's pretty aggressive actually. probably too aggressive at times. keep in mind i never thought i'd say that about a coach. and it's pretty hard to win in the pac-12 sitting on the ball. the D isn't going to be THAT good.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cal sucks again.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yay

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Shocking I know ;)

18. bostonvol