Derrick Henry 2013 RB

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Apr 21, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He is a UGA commit but a couple of us saw him at the game today. He's big... like defensive end big. And the #1 overall RB prospect in the country. Here's some clips.

Derrick Henry - SunshinePreps - YouTube

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dang. If he goes to UGA I think that gives them the #1 back three years in a row.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It also guarantees he'll be a flop

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

They didn't land the number 1 RB this past year, they landed the number 1 APB. The number 1 RB went to Texas.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hmm. Thabks for the clarification. As for Henry, I'd say after Crowell years it up this year and our guys struggle again his decision will be easier.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I doubt he ends up a RB. The kid is only a JR and is 6'3 245 lbs. Maybe he can be a Brandon Jacobs type RB, but it sure looks to me like he'll end up on defense.

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Also, I don't think Crowell will tear it up this year. He's a giant [ussy pay]. That, plus their OL being pretty terrible this year means Crowell probably doesn't see 1000 yards. Their OL got demolished the entire game during the Red and Black game.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Apparently we are a serious player with this guy. I'm doubtful.

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Coming twice in a month cant be a bad thing, but i'll be skeptical as well until the ink dries.

Hard for me to imagine the #1 rb prospect in the land being switched to defense.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

How fast is he? Looks like no one can tackle him but they don't have all that much trouble catching him. Not sure how that will translate to the SEC.

11. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

One of Travis's offspring? I bet he's got kids high school age by now.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Grandkids even.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Those are sophomore highlights fwiw.

GBO

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

4.58 40 is what rivals listed.

Remember that these are preseason recruiting rankings and recruits rise and fall every year.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like he could be a beast of a 3-4 OLB.

16. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

The kid really big to be a RB. At least it looks like he's not a [ussy pay].

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably needs to be big if he comes here seeing as how we don't run block.

18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Very true

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

VQ article says he is still a UGA commit but that Tennessee is a very close second. Hubbs saying it will go to the wire.

Also, I misspoke. He is rated the No. 1 athlete in the country, not necessarily the No. 1 running back.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He'll be playing defense no matter where he goes IMO. JMO. IFYM. TIFWIW.GBO. VFL.