The EA Sports franchise

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 28, 2011.

1. WM

WM Active Member

As a whole, do you like where they are going with video games now and for the short term future?
    Do you feel competition from other companies would help or hurt the sports genre?
    If you were in charge, which game would you tear down and start again from the ground up?
    What if any game would you not touch and hold up as the standard to how a game should be played?

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A few EA games have gotten progressively worse as the years go on, since 2Ksports stopped making CBB and CFB games.

3. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Competetion could only help the genre IMO. It's a big reason why there's hardly anything groundbreaking anymore with madden and ncaa. EA knows that they're the only ones that make anything with a license from the NFL and NCAA, and as a result they've gotten complacent with the football games almost every year.

They do a good job with FIFA as well as Tiger Woods......although I think that there's not anything that new with either of those titles from year to year, either. Always thought they did a poor job with NBA live, but that's just me. Never have played much of the NHL series, althought i've heard good things about it.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I agree with you most of the time Lyls, but any college football game that 2K made was utter and complete trash.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wasn't saying that 2k football was good, because it wasn't. Just saying that competition made EA games better and better each year. And 2k sports college basketball owned EA college basketball year in and year out.

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

EA exclusive license with NCAA is supposedly over after this year. Hopefully 2k makes them actually put money forth to actually make a good game.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Competition is always a good thing

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hallelujah

9. WM

WM Active Member

Not a good performance going into a "free agent" year.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Demands a lulz imo