Metta World Peace tossing bows

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Indy, Apr 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What's your view on the issue? How long should he be suspended?

I still feel that it could have been an accident. I think the elbow throw was definitely intentional, but I don't think his intention was to connect with the head. Then again, I'm looking for a way or reason that explains why anyone would ever do that to someone else in that specific moment. What's everyone's take on this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iKxuxN_hYg[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iKxuxN_hYg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

No way it was an accident. It happened very fast, but in that split second, he saw red.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he's a [uck fay]ing idiot.

4. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

That cat is straight up mentally ill...

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Added video to original post.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

You'd have to be a [uck fay]ing idiot to think that was accidental.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lots of emotion, LawVol.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who claimed it was an accident?

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Wonder who said that?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I went on to clarify in my next sentence, saying that the throwing of the bow was certainly intentional, but I'm not entirely sure he intended for it to connect with his head.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Of course he intended to crank him in the head. You don't get bumped by someone and then swing an elbow as hard as you can if you don't mean to hit someone. That's stupid.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

he bumped his arm. Maybe he thought the man he bumped was going past him? Maybe he thought the man was taller? I'm not trying to argue that he didn't mean to elbow someone. I'm just saying I don't know that he was intentionally aiming to hit someone in the head.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, after listening to a number of things on Espn, many of the players around the league agree that he meant to do it but didn't mean to hit someone in the head.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't think there's a chance in hell he wasn't aiming at the head.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well that's your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. However, claiming that anyone who thinks otherwise is a [uck fay]ing idiot is putting that label on more people than just myself.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't believe there is anyone that actually believes he accidentally hit Harden in the head. The other players were giving the political answer and not attacking another player in the media.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe so, but the analysts certainly didn't say a whole lot about that.

18. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Seems pretty clear that he intentionally meant to crank him in the head. If not, he probably would have swung lower towards the body. When you watch the video, it's obvious that he was swinging towards the guy's head.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The main reason I say that is because in the video, Artest would have been able to see that it was Harden who bumped him. So, it's not like he thought Yao Ming had just bumped him. Also, if hd didn't mean to do it, chances would be that he would have immediately shown remorse. He didn't. He continued to celebrate.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is the damning part in my mind. I just don't understand how you can connect your elbow with something as hard as someone's head and not immediately realize what happened and show remorse.